1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Ducati 899 - 959 - 1199 - 1299 Modifications - What Have You Done To Yours?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Rob Jarvis, Jun 30, 2015.

1. I’d love to know this as well, as far as I know, there’s no quick throttle available for ride by wire throttles. I could be wrong though...

2. Its a Ducati one from their race kit.
    Its expensive.
    Are you ready?.....

£1000
    Yes 1..0..0..0 pounds. No extra zeros due to fat fingers.

Please don't ask me why

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. And NO! I didn't pay that. It was on my bike when I bought it!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Fitted some GB racing covers. Cant be arsed taking a pic, we all know what they look like

• Funny Funny x 4
  5. Just fitted DP rear sets to 1299. Bit fiddly at times. Noted rear brake light switch doesnt work. Plus theres no way thats 11mm, its more like 10.5mm. Bloody thing, I may have twisted it too much undoing it. Dont need it anyways. Till MOT.

6. do you know how much higher these are than standard?

cheers

7. Ive not measured them, but I had a look from rear when oem on rhs was still fitted, and I'd guess 1-1.5" even on lower position. Ive also got the higher comfort seat. It works well with it. Seems to have also moved my bum back in seat and given my knees more purchase on the tank. Which means I can fit my stomp grips too. Do that tomorrow.

Fitted them in road shift. I note these can also do race shift and I have those parts. Which means I'll have a DP reverse shift kit (unused) to sell once I figure out how much that cost. Think it was £90(ish).

• Like Like x 2
  8. If that reverse shift kit will fit the 899 I’d be interested :)

• Like Like x 1
  9. You have 1st dibs. Ill check garage tomorrow for part number so you can check. Alas also during today my light blew the fuse. So its dark in there. Thought I could smell burning now and again but couldnt place it till lights went out. Ballast was hotter than the pani. So new one on order.

• Like Like x 1
  10. New rear brake light switch from Snells £30inc vat and postage. I may have twisted it too much reinstalling it. Even after I gave it a good twist to prevent it from doing exactly what I feared. Still, will teach me for not just unplugging it first.

Pics uploaded. Note bubble on rhs grip pad has now been eliminated.

4.jpg

3.jpg

#1090 bootsam, Mar 26, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 26, 2018
  11. Spotted...:cool:
    upload_2018-3-26_21-44-7.png

• Like Like x 1
  12. Be interested in how shorter it is....I find the oem Pani one pretty short!

13. I hadn't forgotten. Well, actually I had. I'll grab the box tomorrow and paste code.

@Andy800 I found out how much it cost. Twas £67.46 + postage. Its never been used so call it £50sobs posted and its yours if you want it. Its just a small bit of cable and a new thingy that goes over gear spline.

#1093 bootsam, Mar 26, 2018
    Last edited: Mar 27, 2018
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Got the new wheels and discs fitted ready for Almeria...:cool:
    IMG_0042 (1).JPG IMG_0066.JPG IMG_0067.JPG

• Like Like x 5
  15. @Nelson , did you use 11/1299 spacers on the calipers ?,guess your not selling me the discs then :D

16. Yup
    Nope
    :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  17. Satin Carbon heel guards and Shock cover from Lieb Speed as their omission was annoying my aesthetics.

18. Just been trying it out at Almeria this week. Pretty much like other ones I’ve had eg on my S1000RR. Delicate touch needed in the bends etc otherwise things arrive quickly, which I soon got used to after a morning & a big handful gets you to warp speed rapidly. Lifted the front first time on the straight in 3rd & 4th ever so slightly, even with the R adjustable swing arm set to max lengthen the wheel base. But again, couple of laps and it was all business as usual, with the added benefit of not having to wring the throttle to get to 11k to shift. The 1km straight felt a lot shorter. Easy life. Recommended.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. If you need a set of HPKs for a Panigale I think I’ve got a low miles set somewhere in my spares. Let me know & I’ll dig them out!

20. @simmytt

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information