1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Ducati 899 - 959 - 1199 - 1299 Modifications - What Have You Done To Yours?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Rob Jarvis, Jun 30, 2015.

1. Good man! They're not bad are they? I used aquarium sealant on mine. Just the job.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. Me and the bike are on a weight loss program, put the 959 DBHolders subframe on the 1199. With the plastic covers on the engine this time, they don't weigh much, stock subframe was 2.3kg and this one is 1.1 so a bit of a saving and I've lost 4.
    Titanium bolts next got about 91 on they're way so hopefully loose a bit in those. Cost a bit those bolts but the oem are just rubbish.

Anyone have any advice for trimming the old girl down besides no fluids :)

I've done the usual exhaust, battery, wheels, pegs and levers. Not much cf because the plastic is quite light anyway. IMG_4366.jpg IMG_4361.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  3. Shave your pubes.

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. Yeah did that.
    Waxed the back, sack and crack for the Gay Mardi Gra

5. I want to give that a thumbs up but liking it will give the impression I like your broken tail tidy :thinkingface:

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. I like the Full Termi, classic for a Ducati.

• Like Like x 2
  7. 67FDD138-C741-476B-85A3-7E4E01EEDF25.jpeg Kriega’d it up... their kit is superb! First time I’ve used them, won’t be the last. iPad survived welsh B roads in there no issue at all

8. Looks very neat. For me that bag would be too close to my bum. I hate it when the bag keeps distracting you every time you go over a bump. I prefer Ventura for this reason.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. On long trips the kriega has a habit of pushing you too far forward in the seat. This can cause monkey butt. The seats sharp corners are no fun after a good few hours sat on it. The solution is to mount them sideways and not to overpack them.

As an aside I wish there was a superpole seat for the pani with rounder profile.

10. Already posted in another thread but thought I’d post it again :D Termi’s :grinning:

0ABC7D11-05F5-45E7-9359-E54191730812.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  11. Sweet looking bike mate

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Thanks buddy :)

13. Tonight I’ve mostly been removing the forks ready for a cartridge kit

C694A708-80EC-4366-9C14-09E2633F15E6.jpeg B28EBEEE-439A-4C8D-8C68-8E042B5D2EEE.jpeg DB49A199-4424-441C-9301-A96114C63E91.jpeg 300AB9EA-34BC-48C3-9A0E-EC43D5676502.jpeg

• Like Like x 5
  14. flagstick that will be a great upgrade and love the wheels had the same on my 959 in black, really made a difference. What cf is that on the ignition cover it's a nice weave?

15. Thanks I got the ignition cover from eBay seller carbon fibre fever who is local to me and it’s spot on match to the DP carbon parts I have too

• Dislike Dislike x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. Do they make it themselves?

17. I would guess he buys them in from somewhere.

18. well done for getting forks out without taking fairing off, what a pain in the ass it is!
    While its in bits, just check the front brake reservoir hose, mines about worn through on its own nut, and also the side of the yolk. Im gonna post a thread about it as its a bit of a short coming on Ducatis part!

19. Thanks it was easy getting them out with the fairing in place to be honest. I thought about removing it but the only restrictive part (splash shield below bottom clamp) would have stayed in place so just left it - plug the mirrors are ideal for supporting the clip one from!

It took longer getting the bike on the stand than to get them out. The ABBA front lift is pretty handy.

I didn’t want to leave the shock at full extension under load so decided to jet the subframe instead to support the bike.

Do you mean the reservoir hose was rubbing on something and worn through? I’ll check mine over thanks

Do Not Sell My Personal Information