1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1199 Ducati 899 - 959 - 1199 - 1299 Modifications - What Have You Done To Yours?

Discussion in 'Panigale' started by Rob Jarvis, Jun 30, 2015.

1. I sent you a PM

3. Had to search for your reply! Anyway - the NRC indicators are a bit of a fiddle if I'm honest. I think they'd be easier to fit to an OEM nose though as they flex a little more. It was just a case of feeding the extra long wires between the clock bracket so they were out of sight. There's plenty of room so with a little patience it's fine.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Today saw a few powder coated shock linkage / rearset hangers fitted along with some shiny CNC Racing rearsets. Also fitted the other day were the carbon exhaust heatshields:

[​IMG]IMG_4821 by Matt Bly, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_4815 by Matt Bly, on Flickr

[​IMG]IMG_4824 by Matt Bly, on Flickr
    Note to self: Remember to threadlock the sidestand bolts!

• Like Like x 2
  5. :D Delivered yesterday

B32C9998-0785-462A-8422-8DC03FF860A2.jpeg

• Like Like x 7
  6. I like the mounting of your reg plate which is what I was planning to do. Any issues with fouling or close-to-fouling, perhaps on large bumps in the road? Is that why you're not running a rear hugger?

Finally, did you make up the bracket yourself or did you find something to suit?

Cheers,

RW

7. The plate hanger is from NRC and is a bit of a stop gap. You need a smaller plate for it to fit or it will smack the hugger / swingarm. I had to go with a 7x5 plate and it's fine at that.

I originally designed and had made a custom bracket but it wasn't up to the job and it failed. I'll be getting another made up so I can run a std plate come MOT time as well as refit the oem indicators as the spacing is too small on the integrated set I have.

Original hanger (you can see I am running a hugger, just a short one!)
    [​IMG]20180115_155956 by Matt Bly, on Flickr

Screwed bracket:
    [​IMG]20180510_185608 by Matt Bly, on Flickr

NRC hanger
    [​IMG]20180525_213901 by Matt Bly, on Flickr

HTH

Matt

• Useful Useful x 1
  8. Very helpful - thanks.

My 1199 is a sunny Sunday afternoons and track machine only, plus we don't have MOTs in Jersey, so I am able to get away with a bit more; I have the same integrated rear light/indicators and won't bother with a light for the plate.

Just good to see that it does work - I might angle the plate downwards a little to tuck in below the exhaust and add some clearance - might need to add some heat-proofing silver to the back of the plate too! I even considered effectively hinging the top of the plate to allow for some movement in the event of big bumps and a collision with the hugger - I will post up what I eventually end up with.

Cheers again.

RW

• Like Like x 1
  9. Track fairings
    KTech IDS fork inserts
    Ktech DDS Lite shock
    BST rapidtek wheels
    Throttle spacers
    Grips
    Noise control valve delete
    Carbon heel guards in the hope my sidi boots would stop getting stuck- but they do, so new boots needed

Carbon tail tidy for on the road

#1189 749er, Jul 7, 2018
    Last edited: Jul 31, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  10. Just the right amount of goodies!

11. I've been so busy with the R6 and racing that I've not touched the Pani since Mugello last August and the BMW since being punted by the car at the Nordschleife last April! I've been getting the itch to get back to the Ring so got them out for a shakedown. We're off to Brno in August and Catalunya in September plus I'm toying with the idea of doing a few sprint races in the litre bike class so decided to get a belly pan and few other bits fitted to the R just in case. I was a bit shocked to see how minging the radiator was when I took everything apart! I've no idea why it was so dirty other than perhaps Portimao in the rain a while back but it couldn't have been as effective as it should have been? Turns out my black carbon side panels are for the 1299 so dont match the 1199 nose that I am using (more plentiful to buy) so thats another thing that needs sorting out along with the missing tail unit. I dont really want to use my 1199 tail fairings as the 1299 ones look way better.

g+9ZHjpjT3G3NSPUXdjpeg.jpg fullsizeoutput_7159.jpeg QaXVggRgS+K05A9hPo7r+g.jpg YFVqOe2vQHiShvBsGbB2%g.jpg M+l3C1FJQuuMeM3UenccLg.jpg GV5rZgjjSx2Cy%XyOmKCJQ.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  12. love that headstock stand - what brand is it?

13. :D Marchesini’s....

A4C2F0C3-73C0-44A6-B207-C2E7B7BE1079.jpeg

F2D7319E-5E16-49CD-9BC7-2AC402E051BA.jpeg

E6C7FC4F-78AC-4EE7-A9EF-03C3320C54EC.jpeg

90398D72-3595-41A2-89E2-CC8068A188E1.jpeg

986E6A31-D8A3-4537-8442-98ECA16AD21A.jpeg

• Like Like x 11
    • Love You Love You x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  14. Got some giamoto rearsets to try. They look really good quality and like the way they are so few parts where some of the others are unnecessarily complicated and made out of loads of parts

These go slightly up and slightly forward, as well as up and back and retain the OEM position too

C473CC3F-25AF-4807-92F0-B7FBEB45AC90.jpeg 3FC454DA-E22E-497C-B451-8422249CF505.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  15. Love them and want them. Who did you buy through and did you get a deal?

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  16. That seems a little harsh. In what sense are they a rip off other than that they make their stands (which tons of people across the world make in a similar design) out of tubular stainless steel? Harris obviously don't have the monopoly on a material as widely used as stainless steel. Happy to be corrected, but I don't think they're doing anything different from what lots of other people are doing. Harris are making clip ons, rearsets, yokes etc in a form and style established by other companies before them, no?

I will agree about the lead in time as I've just ordered some stands and it took quite a while. However, isn't that just a symptom of success and a desirable product (and a small scale business)?

17. These are the Harris. Interestingly, GT have just started doing Red wheels also. I suppose a stand is a stand, but most use a slightly different wheel type or wheel mount or finish. A lot of people who have been around bikes a few years will recognize that as the Harris style, but you’re right, I do not suppose there is a copyright on that. However, I’ve seen GT ones bend in use (pin on a single sided stand). Harris have a lot more R&D and experience and I’ve never had a problem with them. They were also delivered within a week, whereas GT were saying after Christmas on 4th Dec. maybe my experiences with them have just been unfortunate...

FC92582E-2FC5-4EE3-B7F4-981B3F0497EB.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  18. 20180723_192426.jpg Funnily enough I just received my new Gee-Tech double sided stand and foot peg stands - pretty chuffed as they're beautiful and feel extremely sturdy. Gavin is clearly flat out supplying the BSB grid so it did take some time to get these, but he made the stand to my bespoke dimensions at no extra cost, which was really impressive.

Very happy indeed with these.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information