1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Ducati 899

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by carson, Jul 26, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Challenge you have is its a niche product. It needs a Ducati enthusiast really, someone who takes this over an 1199, as it cant be raced anywhere (and its perfect spec for racing).

You don't mention - does it have V5? Is the road wiring there, just in case?

2. IMHO I'd expect that as standard on a track/ex-race bike. But what this time has is rebuild and maintenance regime seems really strong.

3. Yeah of course for an ex tri ops but checking the class fields I don't see any for sale that match that spec, apart from one 959.

4. Has
    Has v5

• Like Like x 1
  5. Yeah the bike has a V5 in my name. I’ve even got a number plate bracket that can go on the undertray in 2 seconds.
    All it would need for an MOT would be a set of road tyres and a horn.

• Like Like x 1
  6. The big thing with the 899 when you’re looking to ride on track is to make sure it’s got Carillo rods. The conrods were a major issue on these

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. Yeah was that important didn't they stick em in the 959 as standard?
    Plate bracket goes on you say, are these track fairings?
    May of mentioned apologies if not seen.

8. Yeah they’re track fairings

• Like Like x 1
  9. Where's the bike?

10. Dumbarton

• Like Like x 1
  11. Crackin' deal and bike!
    Nimble as and R6, but with extra umph on corner exit!
    Bump :cool:

• Like Like x 4
  12. Sold

• Like Like x 2
  13. :upyeah:

What did you get in the end?

14. Not bought anything yet mate

15. Sorry I meant for the 899.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. Btw if you’re looking for gen 3 track bike, if your not on already there’s race and track bikes group on FB that have the occasional gem come up :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. I’m on the hunt now mate, cheers

• Like Like x 1
  18. :party::sun::beer:

Nice one Rob! The problem you had selling it is that everyone wants stuff for fuck all. I'm thinking of selling the 1098R but anyone thinking they'll nick it can do one. Which is why I'll probably end up keeping it :p No probs....

What you after? Gen3 bimmer?

19. Mind yr own....
    upload_2019-11-15_6-8-28.jpeg

• Funny Funny x 1
Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information