1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Ducati 900ss 1991

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by golfgeezer, May 2, 2019.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. So after some deliberation and accepting that I’m not skilled enough or motivated enough to get on with the fettling this bike needs its time to sell it on to someone who is. I bought it 2.5 years ago in the condition you see it now. It’s done just under 28k miles, 0 of which I’ve done. I started it up occasionally for the first year but didn’t go anywhere near it last year as I was awaiting a hip replacement and then recovering post surgery.

It comes with two keys, original owners manual, maintenance book, all old MOT’s dating back to its first in 1994 and some other receipts including the original bill of sale. I have accumulated some other parts which can be negotiated separately. Looking at similar ‘sold’ project bikes on eBay I’m asking £2500 ono
    421208D1-6BA1-4928-B5FF-926226538A90.jpeg F5B49287-D908-4514-8150-B1CBAEDA9160.jpeg 104FE6CC-E035-4D39-B7D6-C3CBCB2CC7DE.jpeg

E8F40FF8-CE8D-4F27-8252-62B9D244433F.jpeg 7BA73D9C-ECE1-47A3-B01D-D74FDBD38641.jpeg 298BEBFC-4F0A-42F6-A18D-CC3F7D8715BF.jpeg

• Like Like x 3
  2. Hi GolfGeez...If the single seat unit is for sale separately, I may be interested in it. Judging by the bags of brackets by the side of it, it doesn't already have the fixing brackets fitted? As it doesn't have the brackets fitted, I presume it's an after market unit? Carbon Fibre or fibreglass? The seat pads look like pukka Ducati items? Did you get the unit painted or did you acquire it already painted? Good luck with the sale of the bike, pity you can't get on with it...Great looking bikes with the white frame and half fairing :upyeah:

3. The bracket packets appear to be Ducati branded and the seat unit has Ducati Supersport on it, so my guess is that it may be a Ducati Performance item

4. GLWS pal

• Like Like x 1
  5. Good luck, but I would suggest you are underselling it...they are more sought after than you think.
    Grant

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  6. Agreed............I sold my '97 750 SS a couple of years ago with a large number of spares for £2500.

I would buy yours for the same price if I had the time and energy to work on it and sort it out; but unfortunately I don't.

• Like Like x 1
  7. Price sounds about right to me but will depend on it's current state and provenance of course. I guess @golfgeezer will supply more details to interested parties at some point.

8. I bought the unit off one of the Facebook Ducati groups. It’s fibreglass not carbon fibre. At first glance it looked ok but it had a homemade cr@p seat pad on it and a couple of cracks so I got a very good painter to do the paint job and I got genuine brackets and seat pads via Moto Rapido. Think those items alone were £200

9. A couple of folk have expressed an interest in the bike and parts so I’ll see what comes of that if anything before I can confirm what bits are available.

10. I'm interested in discussing. If you can drop me a PM (either here or on DuN) we can chat.

Regards,
    Mike

11. Bike sold. Mod’s please close the thread. I’ll put the parts I’ve got left in the proper parts for sale section.

• Like Like x 1
  12. Thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information