1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati 900ss Bevel 1978 For Sale

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by yev, Jan 1, 2015.

1. Any signs of cracks as they are very prone to this I belive.

2. Sorry. Typo. £16,000. Think John Fallon had it listed for that for my mate.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. Typo corrected! I do, however, know that the plural of Ducati is Ducatis, Elsie, not the possessive greengrocer English version: Ducati's and that English Language doesn't need a capital L as language is not a proper noun. You must moonlight flogging the odd kilo of potatoe's and tomatoe's when you take a break from being offensive on the forum! Best to get things 100% correct when sticking it to others Yorkie. Otherwise you make yourself look stupid.

#23 Speed_Triple, Jan 5, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jan 5, 2015
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. not as far as i know. bike just been fully serviced few weeks ago and everything what needed to be replaced was replaced.

5. I am Yorkshire so I adapt the language as I please - never offensive, only playful, you also are quite fun sometimes - just hope nothing I have said has upset you :)

6. I had the first of these UK Black & Gold 900SS's. I bought it off Coburn & Hughes as an "ex-demonstrator" with about 1400 miles on it. I found out afterwards that it had been round all the mags for road tests. They rebored it before selling it to me but didn't tell me. I had the bike for another 10 years and 27,000 miles before selling it to a guy from Clydebank. I've never seen nor heard of it since and it hasn't been taxed since the mid eighties. Reg. No. was YRO 450S

[​IMG]

• Like Like x 2
  7. from that angle they look quite cool, check out the old tyres man.

8. TT100's?

9. They weren't old at the time :p
    If I remember right they were Metzelers, pre ME99.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Pre ME33 too if before 1982 - what year was the picture taken?

11. The picture was taken in the spring of 1979

12. Could only have been Rille 14 TL or Block C7 TL if that jogs your memory? Metzeler started producing motorcycle tyre for cast wheels in 1978 with the ME33 coming out in 1982.
    Interesting link...scroll down
    Metzeler History

13. They had tubes. My previous 860GTS came new with Block C tyres

14. Look like Michelin PZ series tyres to me.

15. They probably are. After 37 years I can't remember what they were. :rolleyes:

16. I had a 82 model in silver that was my only transport rode in for ten years in all weather including snow happy days .Sold it after daughter was born in 93 to a lad from dublin what a sad day that's the only bike i would love to have back reg number 900 TZO

17. I hope they gave you a good price for it.

18. yep, got asking price pretty much. gotta admire his balls, would love to know how much he will end up getting for it. £30k ? don't think so

19. Hi there, did you manage to sell your bike? if not, maybe we could talk?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information