1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati 900ss Bevel 1978 For Sale

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by yev, Jan 1, 2015.

1. sorry, sold couple of months ago

2. I've watched these bevels for a few years now (6) and 18 months ago they reg fetched 17K.. The guy at Greenford, who's advertising this SS, also had a 2bd Black/Gold Bevel on Ebay. The one we are talking for 30k and the other Circa 22K which sold within a few weeks of being on Ebay... The seller then amended its advertised price to 2k! why I don't know.....

3. They don't necessarily sell at these high prices - they are bumping the market - especially that particular dealer ;)

4. Have you ever tried knocking any trader more than £200 of the advertised price?

5. Here's the score - some of the rarer bikes are bumped up by people pretending the bikes sell for a lot of money - they take them off the market and then sell another one, or their mate does. It happens :) and yes, I bought an MV 750 F4S from 'we buy any bike' for £300 more than they paid for it (and not what he told me he had paid - actually what he paid) :)

6. The £30k SS has been advertised on Ebay for a couple of months now,,,,, but the £20k SS was only on Ebay for a couple of weeks and is sold.... I'm talking about the west London shop....

7. the £30K bike on advertised on ebay was bought from me . you should have heard the speech i was given re: its not worth much money type

8. Did you try to sell privately before going o the dealer?

9. yeah, and to be honest ive got not far off asking price from him. nowhere near £30k though

10. I agree with the previous threads that dealers are inflating the prices of these types of bikes and i think that we will see more SSs hitting the market- problem that i see is that they will probably need alot of work, time and money putting into them. The one you sold looked REALLY nice, credit to you.

11. We have a lovely 900 ss here £ 80000, discounted price of course..:);):upyeah:

12. What was you asking?

13. I know this guy. I was looking at a 1300z a few years ago he was selling and he was a very rude twat!

14. Theres just not enough good ones out ther and the ones that are dogs are asking too much money for them, convinced that a restoration can be achieved for a couple of grand. I went o view one a couple of weeks ago- owner tried convincing me it was bargain at £15K..........Walked away as 95% of the bike needed money spending on it and guess what, it did not run......dillusional.

15. just checked and was astonished to find 900ss is still for sale @ £30K .
    he bought it off me 10 months ago.
    how long can you hold stock! ?

16. I find it heartening when you see one used as an everyday ride (all 4 seasons of the year), as intended and not treated as yet another 'investment' showpiece. This one flies, no matter what company its in because it has been refined over very many years by a very gifted engineer/rider and draws a crowd wherever it stops, due in very large part to its 'patina' gained through use. Parked next to a 'showroom fresh'-looking restored example, people ignore the other one... it seems to me that those that still exist in use are probably rarer than the 'one of only 100 paintjob' specials

P1040044.JPG

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information