1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati 900ssie Rear Swingarm Bearings

Discussion in 'Supersport (1974-2007)' started by spottedtango, Dec 14, 2017.

1. Hello there,

I'm new to the forum. I've recently acquired an old imported 1999 900ss ie that was in poor condition, so I'm about halfway through a complete restoration. I was wondering if anyone knew the part number for the rear swing arm bearings as I'm finding it hard to find the bearings on desmoduck website.

Thanks

2. Hi Mr Tango,

I've always found "simplybearings" really good. Take them out, measure them and the chances are you'll find them on the simply bearing web site, not expensive either.
    May be of some help.....

3. Ah I see them now on the exploded parts diagram. I missed them the first time I looked. Cheers for the link to the bearings website.

Appreciate the info on the clutch and tensioner bearing. I've still to get all the service consumables so I'll keep that in mind.

I've currently resprayed the frame silver and I'm putting new head bearings in as the old ones were rusted on to the spindle. Ditto for the front wheel bearings.

My plans for the bike so far is;

I've sprayed the engine a matt black colour as most of the paint was flaking and Im painting the ducati lettering on the top of both cylinders red. Ill probably get some red HT leads with black plug caps to give the engine quality look.

Matt black open clutch cover with a red clutch plate. (old clutch cover is dented)

The fairings are gonna get sprayed a dark metallic green like the matrix bikes.

Ill try and post a pic at some point when I get more work done.

4. Posted that for someone else on a different thread but somehow got it on yours! Now corrected :):upyeah:

5. The swingarm bearing for the Carby are SKF. They will cost about 5 quid each regardless of where you go they are rollers in a cage. Simple bearings are great and there's other suppliers that'll do all your seals too for less than Ducati. A lot of the parts are the same for the Carby and the ie. I rebuilt my engine and have some bearing numbers written down if you need to source.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information