1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Ducati 916 Decals

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by ChrisDS, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Examples of my original '96' with and without flash.

no_flash.jpg

with_flash.jpg

• Like Like x 2
  2. Just like mine. Thanks for posting.

3. I think I may try and get some produced. I don't know whether this is possible and I don't know the cost but it would be good to find out.

4. www.bike-stickers.com better known as The Image Works should be able to help you.

5. @Hughdg - don't think Iamge Works (or whatever the new name is) will be able to help - I got a set from them too and had a long argument over the 'originality' of them - they were bronze not glitter! Told theirs were authentic 'as used in Duacti Museum' but they cant do the glittery effect - if that changes and they supply you with a set - let me know!!

6. There have been several different versions of “original”, probably all with the same part number.
    Just Ducati being Ducati!

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Oh totally true!! But completely unhelpful when trying to match your decals lol! So far Ive bought 3 sets of Bronze edged ones which were all 'OEM' - and all excellent quality and 100% Original (in one case) but didn't match the ones on the bike! Frustrating!

8. I'm on the case. I need a set so I'll hunt around in the coming months to see what can be done. They've been produced in the past, if they could make them in 1997 then making them today should be easier, shouldn't it?

• Like Like x 1
  9. They've just come back and said they can't help.

10. Disappointing as these people charge a arm & leg for a paint job so why not.:thinkingface:

11. Image works do painting now?

12. Sorry i thought they were painters.:thinkingface:

13. Nah -UK's number source for bike decals!

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Image design works'not the same team then.:thinkingface:

15. :(

16. I'm still on the case. It must be possible to replicate the design, even if it takes 2 overlaid decals to accomplish. Will update this thread as and when I find things out.

• Like Like x 2
  17. Other option is to order decals from JHP or Moto Rapido or such like as they have them available (bronze edge) and repaint and change them all?

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I've been talking to a vinyl printer and after preliminary investigation he reckons that the only issue is the glitter effect on the border of the letters. The colours, font and the texture of the main silver part of the lettering shouldn't be a problem. I'm thinking that this can probably be achieved by a bit of airbrushing, either fully painting the border or applying a clear lacquered glitter. I can't actually try this for a couple of weeks but I plan to as soon as I have some spare time.

19. My thoughts were to buy the bronze edge ones then apply a bit of glitter with the lacquer - no idea how it might turn out tho!!

Good luck lol

Do Not Sell My Personal Information