1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Ducati 916 Decals

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by ChrisDS, Nov 1, 2019.

1. Thanks!

The problem using the bronze edged ones is the texture of the silver is not the same as the old style. It is flat smooth, where the old ones are rough. I think the easiest solution is to have two decals for each letter, or sets of letters. The 1st would be the main letters made out of the textured silver, the 2nd would be the red or gold (depending on style required) border. This border could then be coated with a glitter coat and then applied over the main letters on the panel. The whole could then get the lacquer coat.

We'll see what happens.

2. This is going to be a worsening problem so the OP is right to get stuck in to try and solve it......for all of us.

I've turned up these people and they seem to know about the different glittery edges in the decal/number board kits they make: http://www.tapeworks.com/DUCATI Pages/7000.html

Also, I've always found Ducati SpA Customer Service to be exemplary. Why not email Italy, they'll call you back and with some good old British charm we may learn more...... OE contractors would be helpful so that we can approach them directly?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information