1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati 916 New Owner

Discussion in 'Newbies Hangout' started by Chrissy, May 23, 2020.

1. Welcome and enjoy!

2. When was the fuel filter last changed as well?

3. Welcome dude :cool::upyeah:

4. Wecome in, interested to hear your thoughts on how the MV is to ride. It looks like it’s a late 750 model? Does it kinda ride like a Ducati with a 4 cylinder engine as one would imagine or is it a bit different?

• Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
  5. Yes Paul filter was changed and fuel pipes were changed when tank was off doing coils and leads.As for the Mv Phill it is a 2004 750 evo3 model with 8000 miles I have had it 6 years, definitely not as comfortable to ride as the Ducati but that engine is superb it’s a very high revving motor which likes its neck wrong and the howl from it is glorious.
    Also the finish on the mv is slightly better than the 916 eg paint, fasteners etc but you could not choose between them as they are very similar in many respects

• Like Like x 1
  6. Welcome nice collection , always fancied a rs250 .

7. Thanks fieldy yes it’s a scream to ride and handles like a dream takes me back to my youth riding my rd

8. Welcome along , some very nice bikes you have there :heart_eyes:

9. Thanks vtwindave they are the only thing keeping me sane in the present climate

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Welcome to the forum

11. Thanks Carr

12. Like you I also have both the 916 and the MV. It's like having both Jenifer Aniston and Angelina Jolie. Slightly past their peak but you still would ;). Or Brad Pitt and Tom Cruise perhaps for those who prefer the male gender.

• WTF WTF x 1
  13. That’s a perfect comparison Akorenika!!

14. Welcome dude

15. Thanks Harry

16. My cousin had a 916 years ago and warned me that while its gorgeous etc it can not be considered as a means of transport ,i have a superlight and a 95 916 plus a 1100 sport guzzi ,you either love them and be broke or you flog them and buy a jap something or other . Once again you are so welcome,bins or no bins and your bikes are fab ....!

17. Thanks Dave, yes it’s definitely not a main means of transport but the sound and looks are fabulous and it is great for Sunday blasts

18. Hi guys is the 062 chip as mentioned above not for the p8 Ecu, I have the 1.6m ecu on my bike as it’s 1997?

19. Welcome to the forum

Do Not Sell My Personal Information