1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

916 Ducati 916sps Fogarty Rep

Discussion in '748 / 916 / 996 / 998' started by Moto Technica, Jan 28, 2015.

1. I need to check but I have at the back of my mind, that Ohlins forks were not used until the later 996 build. Andy

2. Interesting I saw it advertised on Ebay this evening?

3. I'm aware that this bike came with Showa forks and the works bikes were fitted with the Ohlins variants. I was trying to subtely emphasise how the marketing and accounts depts. at Ducati felt that they may be able to save a few pennies by fitting the "boil in the bag" version rather than the "à la carte", hoping that some unsuspecting buyers could not tell "shit from pudding" and would not notice, despite the alarmingly high price!

4. My 955 had Ohlins and this was a 1995 bike!

5. Prior to Ducati adopting the 955 as a works bike, the concept was originally fielded by Ferracci in an Australian series. The bikes came with Showas as late as 1996 but there is nothing to stop Ohlins being fitted later in its life. Andy

6. I bought mine directly from Ferracci in the US and had it shipped over in '97.

7. Mine had ohlins internals fitted by the 1st owner just after purchase. Next best thing I suppose.

8. 2000 spec 916SPS came with Ohlins...Foggy reps did come with Showa.

9. Wasnt the 2000 916sps the 996 sps??

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Correct....slip of the finger....996SPS 2000 came with Ohlins.

• Like Like x 1
  11. I know this is resurrecting an old post but did the OP ever actually publish this list of frame numbers for the genuine bikes. Would be immensely useful ?

@Moto Technica ?

12. Richard Hammond also appears to be the owner of a Foggy Rep which can be seen in his YouTube video

_20240311_134000.JPG

_20240311_134025.JPG

Do Not Sell My Personal Information