1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati 996 (1999) Custom Build Out The Shed After 5 Years.

Discussion in 'Builds & Projects' started by richard (smithy), Sep 5, 2020.

1. Mundane point I know, but something I always wonder with bikes like this: how the hell do you insure it? I imagine 99% of insurers just wouldn't want to know?

2. i thought today i would change the race shift back to road shift! i dont trust the mot guy with 1 up and five down.....

as you see ive put the fairings on, i still need to sort a few small details like getting the sodding thing running but it gives an overveiw of what she looks like assembled!

the exhaust cans have been debaffled and will go on once the mot is out the way!

the carbon 1098s rear end is ready for a small winter project, i think it will look good and update the tail!
    (not for the purist)

please note again.....the frame is yet to be painted! im still not sure about the red frame!

the sprocket cover is off an 848, i painted the ducati lettering red and looks way better than the 996 standard!

i forgot to add the ducati course vented clutch case to my list of parts! im sure im still forgetting bits!

IMG_0782.JPG

3. in a word pictures!!........and money! (2 words)

more appropriate a question to ask is "how do you value a bike like this?"

parts......time spent......development.....if this was a race bike then ££££.....but its not!

4. You have a PM :eyes:

5. the detailing on the 848 sprocket cover. not much i know but i like it! IMG_0768.JPG

• Like Like x 1
  6. well today has been productive!

ive made a custom hanger for the 1.6m ecu to hang on the 996r rear subframe, wired in the lights hung the numberplate
    attached the gear selector lever. and the one i like best......turning a set of oem 1198 cans into de cat strait through race cans! ive got photos but for tonight cant be arced to upload them all.

the cans have been rubbed back to get rid of that stupid brushed steel paint effect! i think they will look really cool once on the the bike and will most likely turn me deaf! (but i will look and sound good so who cares)

IMG_0803.JPG

IMG_0802.JPG

IMG_0781 (1).JPG

IMG_0801.JPG

IMG_0799.JPG

IMG_0791.JPG

• Agree Agree x 1
  7. today was spent polishing the spare exhaust cans! (i have pics for tomorrow) instead of the black brush finish i have stainless cans that have a small amount of black in the brush finish, they flip tone in the sun and sometimes they look silver and sometimes black! (100% fluke)

the fairing nolonger fits but this is due to the exhaust not being fully slotted together! the 996r bellypan is fouling the "U" pipe at the bottom! (it never did this before)

i need an ecu 1.6m twin injector to set up the fuel system! she starts and runs but i cant adjust the fuel supply from the ecu and the slightest amount of throttle and she pops and stalls!!! hmmmffffffff

8. i forgot to add 999r clutch basket and billet spider balancer to the parts list! (less weight)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information