1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Ducati 998r

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Brooko, Jan 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Well, you wanted advice but already have an above market value price in mind. It's good that people push the prices like this as my retirement investment collection keeps climbing. :upyeah: Let us know how you go, it will be interesting :)

2. Thanks for the advice it's all gratefully received:)

3. c
    cant see issue? if im looking for a bike or parts, I will always go to a forum 1st, to see what they have rather than taking a chance on MCN bike finder or Fleabay, 998r is the pinnacle of the 748>998 range, I was at Beaulie museum recently, and someone had gifted theirs to the museum :fearscream:

4. And so we have a price and its £18k.

5. I preferred it when he said: "Looking for sensible offers, no trade enquiries, no PX" :D

• Funny Funny x 1
  6. Few more photos

image.jpeg

image.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  7. Looks a little overcrowded to me :kissing:

8. "Looking for sensible offers" but you know how much you want from the start. All very strange.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hi, are you the guy that I sent over here from Pistonheads ?? If so, lovely bike :) and good luck with the sale.

10. I've bought 3x 998R : 2005 - 2,300m, £12,500. 2011 - 11,000m, £9,000 - 2015 - 7,200, £18,250. What bothers me is that, although I may sadly be in a minority of 1, they're too valuable to leave out of sight. Bitter experience...

11. I don't think there's much intention of a sale Dibbs.

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Hi, I live in Yorkshire so unfamiliar with Carl Harrison, been looking at a 996 he is selling so was interested in your views of his business and whether the bikes he offers are decent. Carl

13. Carl is just up the road from me mte and he's known to be one of the very best Ducati technicians out there.. highly respected and trusted..

• Like Like x 2
  14. What does everyone think? Thread closed?

15. Don't sell it and remain a proud owner.

Don't sell it unless you have to because you need the cash, not the space or other reasons.

While their market value may not reflect their glory, true Ducati fans will always recognize their worth and the fact that that series is the reason why Ducati is what it is today and the 998R is the apex of that series and of Ducati's racing heritage.

Besides, she's so damn sexy that no other bike is even close. Not the F4, not the Tornado, not... any bike. I'm afraid to get banned if I say that I have wet dreams about that bike! LOL

Drive up to any bikers gathering and no 888, no D16, no latest Ducati model, or any other bike/brand for that matter, will be sexier and more admired. First hand experience...

You can go to sleep and dream of riding a 998R knowing that you are in the privileged position of making your dreams come true.

Don't sell it. Love it. Own it. Be proud.

#37 Tommaso, Sep 10, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. This was all 21 months ago, your advice could be too late - wonder if he sold it :thinkingface:

17. Still valid for all 998R owners out there! :)

#39 Tommaso, Sep 10, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
    • Like Like x 1
  18. Unless someone wants to buy one, then it's useless o_O

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information