1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Ducati 998r

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by Brooko, Jan 10, 2016.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. No, not really. It still gives potential buyers an idea of what other values he may want to consider, besides mere monetary ones... But, of course, you're welcome to close this thread if you wish.

#41 Tommaso, Sep 10, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 10, 2017
  2. Sweet Jesus. Let's hope Ex never gets that power!

3. He's not a mod? Anyway, apologies to all for posting my passionate thoughts but I really feel that whomever sells or buys this model should be aware of 2 considerations, peculiar to the 998R:
    1. its incredible importance in the racing and commercial history of Ducati. Without the 916 series, Ducati would not be Ducati. You cannot say this for many other Ducati models. Since the 998R is the series' apex it is, arguably, the most important Ducati ever.
    2. Buyers and sellers should consider the sheer pleasure of owning such a unique icon. Being members of an exclusive, lucky, envied club.

In short, my post meat to suggest that money may not be the only parameter to hold in consideration and may be pertinent even after 2 years.

4. I thought it twas the Monster that saved ducati. Plus I'd wager the 94 Strada as more important than the 998 series. But only an opinion.

Even the 888 is in front of the 998R, as are all the SP, SPS's. Oh and I'd rather the 996R myself.

Again, only my opinion. Which is usually tenuous.

• Like Like x 1
  5. I think that you're correct, commercially. But the commercial success of the monster was directly derived and related to the success of 916. I propose that the monster may not have been the commercial success that it was without the racing success and commercial "myth" status and desirability of the 916 series.

But I may well be wrong and influenced by the fact that I love the 998R beyond reason...

6. Of course there are opinions, but mine are always correct :)Unless Bradders disagrees. :(

• Disagree Disagree x 2
  7. Someone once said that of El T, and wow look what happened :eek:
    I would never close a thread :innocent: but could never afford the time El T does so good on him for his commitment :)

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I'd have one if I could find (a decent) one - 998 that is rather than R - or a 996 or 916 for that matter

So many bikes that are up for sale are either ludicrously overpriced or tatty

9. Yes, some are over priced, but the value is undoubtably rising, so if you pay a little over the odds it will soon appear cheap - worth getting the one you want, even if it appears a couple of grand too much. Bargain hard, but don't loose out - you won't ever regret buying one :):upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. I'd probably pay a premium for a mint bike with FSH and lowish (sub 20k) miles however Ducati Leeds wanted £7,500 for a 28k mile 916 BP which was best described as fair to good

11. Bit late here but Carl is a top bloke (imho).

• Like Like x 2
  12. Thread closed

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information