1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

999 Ducati 999 Ecu Vs Part-number Vs Map

Discussion in '749 / 999' started by TheJackal, Feb 3, 2021.

1. Hi everyone,

I've searched high and low for this and can't seem to find a definite resource such as a table that compares ECU model (59M + 5AM) to Exhaust (OEM, DP Assymetric Half, DP Assyetric 57mm, DP Full 57mm) and then points that to a P/N and Map.

Its possible that some of these combinations don't actually exist but I've struggled to find my own use-case:

2003 999S with a DP assymetric half-system. I have the OEM 59M ECU but what's the ECU P/N for the DP part or the code for the map file?

2. This took months to create
    https://jpdiag.akress.com/modelselect.php
    The map ref is usually the part number (as always some bikes are exceptions to the rule.
    Just put 999 in the search box. The DP maps start with a 9. You will find entries where Termis are fitted with a stock ECU
    999s termi
    Ecu: 979000167
    HardwareVer: IAW59MHW010
    SoftwareVer: 0130PD36
    999S 2004 DP57mm Full line
    Ecu: 979000204
    SoftwareVer: 0130PQ14

• Like Like x 1
  3. So for my case this would be:

999s termi
    Ecu: 979000167
    SoftwareVer: 0130PD36

Next question is, how do I flash my 59M with map 979000167 ?

• Useful Useful x 1
  4. Awesome, thanks :)

Map file flashed and all works well!

Now just need the roads to dry out in order to see what difference its made.

• Like Like x 1
  5. After all the crap weather we've been having over here and despite curfew restrictions, I've finally managed a short 15min ride on the bike.

Initial thoughts of the DP map for the 999s are disappointing. It seems to have lost all that fat and juicy low/mid range torque but does rev out faster.

6. No idea. Is some fettling required? Balance throttle bodies? @nelly ?

7. The 999 ecu's aren't simply plug n play, neither are reflashes. The TPS will need a reset in the very least, but the base idle mixtures will need setting as well to get he best out of the map itself. It needs a "datum" to work from and without the reset and trimming, the whole map is off.

8. Thanks!

I take it that for proper trimming a CO2 analysis tool is required?

I have the original ECU map that I saved previous to the re-flash.

9. I can get access to a Gas Analyser at my local "friendly" (non Ducati!) gargage but before going down this route, I wanted to get feedback on the expected differences in feel between the standard and DP map.

In other words, is the DP map timing/fueling designed for more peak RPM thus sacrificing low/mid range torque?

10. @chrisw do you happen to have an XDF file for the 59M 999 ? I can compare both maps in Tunerpro

11. There are 59M ones on the Guzzidiag site. They should be OK for map comparison.

12. Not much joy with with the 59M maps on the GuzziDiag site, tried a few and the values they come back with for the fuel/map table are gibberish.

13. Not one to give up, I used the old ECM tool in order to compare both maps :)

Here's the percentage change on fueling based on the TPS value vs RPM. These results would suggest OEM 999S map runs a tad rich and the DP 999S map leans it out a bit.

999S_STD_vs_999S_DP_FUEL.PNG

These are the ignition advance changes on the 999S DP MAP:

999S_STD_vs_999S_DP_IGN.PNG

14. Went out for another run and even at WOT the "go" isn't there.

I'm thinking that to get the best out of this map then whole shebang has do be done from the ground up:

1. Valve clearances
    2. Throttle Body sync
    3. Idle mixture (baseline for the map)
    4. TPS sensor (making sure linear TPS matches current revs)

@nelly @chrisw I think 1-3 would probably explain it better than 4 but I could be wrong...?

#17 TheJackal, Mar 15, 2021
    Last edited: Mar 15, 2021
Do Not Sell My Personal Information