1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Alarm System

Discussion in 'Supersport (2016 onwards)' started by Bob T, Nov 29, 2017.

1. Can anyone tell me where the standard Ducati alarm system plug is on my Supersport? I have found the four wire plug for the bluetooth module under the seat, but not sure where the plug for the alarm will be.

2. Well it's definitely not under the seat, so can only assume that it's under the tank. I haven't had the tank lifted yet so can't say where.
    Do you need alarms in France? :p

3. The connector is, apparently, to the left of the rear cylinder head. Diagram shows tank off/up so that may or not be needed.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Yes, I can see a connector under the tank in that location but I'd need to lift the tank to get a proper look to see what the wires are.

5. @nelly, is the SS 939 workshop manual available to buy on a CD as others have been previously? I know they're not cheap.

6. I'll look there thanks guys.
    An alarm is not needed here and nor are keys in my region, we often just leave them in the bikes.
    The reason for asking was to find power supplies for the R&G heated grips etc.

7. No Derek. We're all on line now and tied into the dealer system. I may be wrong, but I think that under Euro 4 regs they may become available, but like you say, at a cost.
    If you ever get stuck for info, give us a shout and I'll try and help.

8. Wouldn't use that connector... it's only fused 5A. For anything other than Ducati grips, I'd always connect aftermarket directly to battery. Too much chance od CANBUS damage etc

9. The satnav power outlet at the RH side behind the steering head comes from the same circuit as the alarm connector and is only live with the key on. I fitted the one on mine with two 2-way superseal connectors. One for the sat nav and a spare. The fuse is rated at 7.5A, R&G grips will draw 4A at maximum power.

10. Bugger! That's what I thought was the case now. Thanks for your help.

11. I have used the one near the headstock for the front USB plug. Could not find the alarm one so used the bluetooth one. The grips are rated at 48 watts on max, about 4 amps, and are fitted as standard with a 5 amp fuse. I wired a 55 watt halogen bulb into that connector first to see if it would handle that and it did.
    If I have any problems then I will use the supply to power a relay and then switch battery power on and off with that to the grips.
    What they put a bluetooth socket under the seat and not at the front for GPS I'll never know.
    All of this work, USB, heated grips, Denali soundbomb horn, Exhaust valve eliminator etc will have to be repeated as soon as my wife gets her Supersport. She is not having my panniers though!

12. Map to your area and location of van hire please.

13. Why are you a thieving shit who cannot afford to buy your own bike?

14. Maybe. Or maybe I’m coming over for wine and cheese and I’m being the cheese!

• Funny Funny x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information