1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Anti-theft System

Discussion in 'Clothing, Gadgets & Equipment' started by Alan-g, Dec 27, 2018.

1. I have Trackimo in my instrument cluster fed by their car/motorcycle battery wiring set.

The SIM card works all over the world and as soon as somebody just touches the bike it sends SMS and email. It has GPS real time tracking, fencing, 3G triangulation in case of GPS inability to connect. Here in US the first year of the 3G service is free then it's $5 per month.

https://trackimo.eu/

• Like Like x 2
  2. Just bought one eBay £13.99

3. If these things are so cheap why are they not built in to bikes as standard?

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I know it’s an old thread but wondered if @Alan-g or @Bumpkin (or anyone else) had got experience of Ducati’s anti-theft system …

… I have similar requirements.

5. I ended up just getting a bike trac tracker. I get a phonecall if it detects any movement, even had them phone me when I was hammering something at the other end of the garage so it's quite sensitive. Also saves on insurance

• Useful Useful x 1
  6. Well, 3+ years of ownership of the 1260 with the Ducati alarm fitted and can report that there have been no issues aside from a few false alarms whilst the bike was parked outside my previous property in high winds. Otherwise all good.

As I previously mentioned; it's just a deterrent, I'm certain a professional bike thief would defeat it in seconds. However, with the other security devices and locks I use I would hope to deter the opportunist and the curious kids clambering over it etc. More of a concern when on tour than when at home as it's now garaged.

The fob batteries last OK, about a year of use despite my earlier concerns with the installed batteries being already flat when I bought it.

Fitting is a case of finding the connector under the rider seat and plugging the thing in. There is an LED but it's optional and I didn't bother. Not sure how well it would fit with the seat in the low position.

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  7. @Bumpkin Many thanks for all the info :upyeah:

Does the Ducati alarm automatically or via a blipper?

I prefer blipping a key fob – alarms that arm automatically seem to drain the battery excessively, IME.

8. Only activates via the fob so completely optional in operation, the way I prefer TBH. Took about two months to take my battery to the point that the tracker, an additional drain, to the point that it alerted me that the battery was down to the threshold level of 11.7v. Since then I've installed a solar Optimate charger.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information