1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Corse, Scuderia Ferrari Connection?

Discussion in 'Racing & Bike Sport' started by DD DucDave, Sep 3, 2017.

1. [​IMG][​IMG]
    [​IMG] [​IMG]
    I'm a massive Moto GP and F1 fan. I've noticed over the years that Ducati corse and Scuderia Ferrari have shared similar logo backgrounds.

Haven't been bothered until now to look into the connection, if any. Searching the web didn't really find a connection apart from reading a few threads saying the Ferrari background is subliminal advertising from Marbour after the tobacco advertising ban

But this doesn't answer my question about the Ducati, Ferrari connection?:thinkingface:.

2. It does. Ferrari and Ducati race teams are both sponsored by Marlboro.

3. Didn't realise Ducati were sponsored by Marlboro :astonished:. So must be sneaky subliminal advertising on Ducati part as well then?
    Cheers @duke63 feel like I need a fag now:yum:upyeah:

4. Love Scuderia not the F1 stuff find that as dull as dishwater but the road cars are amazing
    And obviously love Ducati

5. Ducati and ferarri used to jointly own a performance engineering company. Unfortunately my failing old memory wont allow me to recall the name of it or exactly which book i read this in. The connection might even go back to the Taglioni era, who was of course a great freind of enzo.

6. it does go backk to him. When the MV was in its design stage Ferrari assisted with the Engine
    I believe though the only bit of Ferrari influence left in production engines is the radial valve layout
    thats why they were callex F4

Do Not Sell My Personal Information