1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Day At Silverstone Moved To 31st July

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Android853sp, Mar 28, 2019.

1. Anyone have their free tickets arrive In the post yet for the bsb race?

2. Err, by the way- is there a noise restriction at Silverstone???

3. Yes but no. No-one to my knowledge got pulled for noise last year despite the CSS letter stating that the noise limit was 102db (an overzealous senior manager got it wrong). I suspect that a V4 running the full Akrapovic race system without baffles this year may be asked to restrict revs. I don’t think the Termignoni is as loud so you should be fine. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  4. Not riding but might pop over for a coffee.

5. Although they say no static, the noise Stasi can be seen walking the lines of bikes 'probing'....:rolleyes:

6. They’ll have fun with me then. I’ll be taking the V4 with Akrapovic race system and the 1098R with the 70mm Termignoni system :D Andy

• Like Like x 1
  7. If they nab you over the limit without a baffle in it's straight off!

8. Same here. I might take the 1098R (should be ok) as well as the V4. The V4 is loud.... I'll probably get hoofed off with it, we'll see.

9. It really is an effin joke, it truly makes me smile.... I was at a Porsche experience day not so long back at Silverstone, and Damon Hill was razzing round in his old V10 Formula 1 car. Just fucking about basically, which is fine. But the noise from this thing was unbelievable! It was full throttle fighter jet loud!

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Not sure what the V4 is like (especially with Akra on) but didn't we get your 1098R with slash cuts and no baffles measured Andy? 107 wasn't it static? I could be wrong (probably am), but I read in one of the bike mags that ride by noise is generally roughly 10% less than static... (obviously rider dependant).. so I would imagine you guys on the V4's might need to short shift or roll off slightly for the mics! I bought one of those draper sound meters with the exterior fuzzy microphone and it got to within .2 of what the guys at brands did on sound check last year, worth buying and having a test if you're only taking the V4? Looking forward to perving at your V4's though chaps, hopefully someone will take the R too cos that thing is proper sexy...

• Like Like x 1
  11. When I say 'off', I mean home. No opportunity to fit a baffle and have a retest.

12. Suppose I'll pack the baffles for my 1299 with full akra to be on the safe side..

13. Really?

Tossers.

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Really , really!
    You may get a but more latitude on the Ducati day.But on a regular TD that's how they roll.

15. No danger whatsoever of it happening at a DUK day.

• Like Like x 1
  16. Ok then, so who's going to this?

1. Me.

• Like Like x 1
  18. Me

• Like Like x 1
  19. I hope you are going to behave this time :joy: Andy

Do Not Sell My Personal Information