1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Day At Silverstone Moved To 31st July

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Android853sp, Mar 28, 2019.

1. 33. Me ;-)

2. I'm going and can't wait to ride something other than Donny for a change

• Like Like x 1
  3. I have just mailed Wendy to see if there are any spaces available.

4. Hope the weather holds out, thoughts of a wet and windy Silverstone isn’t hugely compelling :joy:

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Not even on a borrowed Pani ;-)

6. That's a different story ;):laughing:

7. Nothing worse than a wet and windy day at a former airfield. The day will be a scorcher I can feel in my bones

• Like Like x 2
  8. Wendy didn't reply to me :(

9. [email protected]
    This is the lady that sorted me out with a place in inters after I had emailed Wendy asking if there were any spare slots. Might be worth a try, although this was last month.

10. Has anyone had anything through the post regarding the day?

11. Not yet mate

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. There will be a queue of traffic waiting to get into the pit area as each rider/driver is checked off a list and told which garage they have been allocated from the off. You will need to register, hand over your indemnity form, get your meal vouchers, your colour coded sticky number for the fairing and a wrist band from 7am and before 7:45. Then there will be the usual crap that’s called a mandatory briefing about 8:00. Bikes out on track for a sighting lap from about 9:30. Probably Inters first followed by Fast followed by Novice. So far, my memory is telling me that I’ve only received a paper copy and e-mail of the receipt. Andy

Please note the revised timing of registration taken from last year’s timetable.

#72 Android853sp, Jul 10, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. Okay, just spoken to Nikki at CSS and people should have received an e-mail from [email protected] with a link to the paperwork. Andy

14. nope!

• Agree Agree x 1
  15. Got an email asking for driving licence number 10 days ago but nothing else yet... to be honest im not expecting anything until about a week before anyway... if I've not got anything will just email before to get rhe indemnity form.. you don't need anything else really...

16. Ive been to this event pretty much since it started...

Now i know i am a bit thick, but I can work out which garage i am in, i dont need to sit in a queue of people for ages waiting to be told, ive worked it out, just like all the other track days i go on, in this case the Dealer i have organised it through has told me would you believe in advance of arriving into a queue at a gate!..

I dont really need to know the individual names of those "in charge" ill forget it anyway just like at every other organisation that does this. If i need you i will find you!

If the track sessions start at 0900 and i am out in the first group, i need to warm my bike up. In fact it should be good practice encouraged by a motorcycle manufacturer, please dont tell me no noise before 0900. If that really is the case then the first session should start later. I live and work around Silverstone so i know its not the case!

As far as im concerned none of the above amount to a quality of service which i suspect is the motivation for it. Timing pads like pretty much the industry standard for trackdays would be great for customer service. It eliminates the johhny big balls in the novice group, and his mate no balls from the fast group. This would be particularly relevant with these days as there is a massive spectrum of ability and experience associated with these days which is a good thing encouraging all Ducati owners to come along.......its just not organised or Policed very well!

• Agree Agree x 1
  17. Well put Andy :upyeah:

18. and you can get forms there on the day.

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. maybe you've just got used to better service from your organiser lol ....

• Funny Funny x 1
  20. Wendy replied! I'm on the waiting list. Asked to be in the absolute beginner group if I do get a spot. Fingers crossed! Was considering going up even if I don't get a spot but I reckon I'd get really frustrated watching everyone else going round and not being able to have a go :)

Do Not Sell My Personal Information