1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Days!

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Wooly46, Feb 8, 2021.

1. D32513B9-782D-4E46-A070-534BFAD90B6F.png

• Funny Funny x 1
    • Agree Agree x 4
  2. I know! We only want to buy a track day ticket, not a controlling share in the effing company :mad:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. This is why we go to Spain/Portugal etc.... when allowed.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. I worked this out. Silverstone with van rental and no overnight stay would be about £800 all in (I would need decent rubber and I would wear a rear slick out in a day)

• Agree Agree x 1
  5. Used to be able to get to you to Spain....cheap airfares will take some time to return.

6. Thursdays are noisy days at Donington.
    If you can run unsilenced DFV powered f1 cars, I dont think a Ducati will trouble the noise regs.

• Useful Useful x 1
  7. Phissing and winging about a £30 price increase on a trackdayed your £25k motorcycle.
    Errrrr...ok....

• Funny Funny x 2
  8. I’ve never known no limit. Even BSB have limits. I thought only F1 and MGP don’t.

9. Decided to do Donnington so far, £225 is more than enough and it's less than 90 mins from home at 6am so drivable on the day.

Silverstone at £275 is probably not do-able, by the time I've factored in a 300 mile round trip (total fuel will be £90) with a hotel/ Dinner/ tyres etc amongst all the rest of it, Portugal would be less expensive.

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. Donny booked ....

• Like Like x 4
  11. Still on the fence, Pani needs tyres = £300, it's currently SORN'd so it shows I won't be using it anyway.

So £300 tyres, £225 trackday, Van hire £50, Fuel for van and bike £50 so £625 for a day, and that's not including a day off work, so losing a days pay there also (I'm assuming it's in the week BTW).

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  12. .NOISY DAYS
    Days of Operation
    4.1. No more than two non-consecutive Noisy Days shall be held in any week.
    4.2. Noisy Days may not take place on a Bank Holiday, Saturday or Sunday.
    4.3. If the Race Track is used for two or more consecutive Race Days, it shall not be used for a Noisy
    Day on the day immediately before or after the relevant consecutive Race Days.
    Hours of Operation
    4.4. Vehicle movements on the Race Track may only take place between 09:00 to 17:00.
    4.5. No racing engines shall be permitted to be started before 09:00.
    Limit on the number of unsilenced vehicles on circuit
    4.6 Not more than six fully unsilenced vehicles participating in a Noisy Day shall be operated at any
    one time on the Race Track.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  13. You don't get rich writing cheques!

• Like Like x 1
  14. It also say only 6 people unsilenced on the track above. 4.6 Not more than six fully unsilenced vehicles participating in a Noisy Day shall be operated at any
    one time on the Race Track.

TBH tho I thought they were always drive by restricted so good to know and explains how desmos get on!

15. Fuck all for a gentleman of your means.

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. That last rule doesn't get rigorously enforced, there were 6 fully unsilenced F1 cars, and a dozen unsilenced F2 cars on track one test day last month.
    As you say it's the drive by noise that triggers the local Enviromental health officer.

• Like Like x 1
  17. This is taken from Doningtons noise management plan 2019 so it could be out of date, but I doubt it.
    Noisy day means any day governed by Section 4 of the NMP, being a day where vehicles are not required to conform to any noise limits, not being a Race Day

Any is the key word in their definition.

18. Real info, cheers :upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information