1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Dealers And Servicing

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Longdog, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Hi, I don’t own a Ducati just yet but I am doing my homework. I live near Swansea, South Wales and I was wondering who are the best dealers to deal with for sales and servicing and are there any that should be avoided?

I have heard that Louigi Moto of Bristol are good for servicing but who else is there?

2. Honestly, its either Rich at Luigi Motors or Riders of Bridgewater .... my preference would be Rich, you can't go far wrong.

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Useful Useful x 1
  3. Maybe it depends if your buying a bike within warranty or not.

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Well I am looking at a 1200S of about 2016-17 vintage and I had heard that Louigi Moto was about the best in my area, so any warranty would be what ever the dealer was offering. I have seen a really nice 2013 Pikes Peak bike but it is a private sale.

5. Someone please remind me of the standard Ducati warranty period, is it 2 or 3 years? If the bike is still within warranty you would be best advised to get work done at an authorised Ducati dealership, unfortunately!

6. I asked Riders for a quote for a belts service, not the nearest to me but at the time they were offered free collection and return within xx miles, the quote was eye watering!

7. I have an aversion to main dealers after a bad experience with a Kawasaki main dealer Close to me. I don’t mind paying for good workmanship but I really object to getting stiffed and taken for a ride.

• Agree Agree x 3
  8. The standard Ducati warranty is typically 2 years however now all new Multistradas come with a 4 year warranty. Ducati have offered an extended warranty for 1 or 2 years (3 or 4 years total) however this had to be taken out initially within the first year and then with the purchase from new. Also, in 2015 Ducati dealers in the UK could not sell extended warranties (something to do with FCA rules). My understanding is that extended warranties are transferable to subsequent owners. So it worth checking with a Ducati dealer to check the warranty status.

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. I am guessing, that if anyone has taken out an extended warranty, then all servicing etc has to be done by a main dealer?

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. M&P in Cardiff is now a Ducati Dealer - my Scrambler 1100 goes there for service the end of the month - first time - last year was Riders Bridgewater... since Cardiff closed.

11. That is my understanding, as all service and warranty work is logged on the Ducati system along with any warranty extension.

12. I thought other garages (i'm thinking independent ducati shops) could do the servicing work but the general (but not always) understanding was, if the bike is under warranty, then most get the work done by the dealer ???

13. As far as I am aware, due to the monopoly on serving at main dealers for warranty, any VAT registered garage can service a vehicle. If using original equipment parts .

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 4
  14. Today I have booked my Super Sport in for an annual service (can’t get it done until 15 August with Ducati Worcester)it’s now 3 years old and needs brake fluid and coolant change. Been quoted £350, this comes as a bit of a shock. Dreading when the belts need doing.

15. Riders of Bristol are a bit closer than Riders of Bridgewater. Should be able to do a loan bike whilst they service yours.

It's a real shame that the Cardiff store closed. I guess that it was not making enough?

Before it shut, I did visit a couple of times. I made it my mission to visit every Riders store - which I have done!

16. Let us know how it goes

17. I think one of the reasons was that Riders of Cardiff lost their BMW main dealership to M&Ps in Swansea and now M&P have opened in Cardiff.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. @Longdog do you have a Super Tenere at the moment?

Do Not Sell My Personal Information