1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Dealers And Servicing

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Longdog, Jun 16, 2020.

1. Hi, yes I do and you have a Multistrada and an S1000XR plus one other if I remember correctly?
    Yes, I am torn between the Multistrada and the S1000XR but I have always wanted a Ducati although the reported faults and poor dealer back-up concern me. I like the BMW and the 24 month warranty but it strikes me that the BMW is a little sterile compared to a Ducati although having to liase with BMW dealers doesn’t fill me with joy either. Apart from that, I do like twins!

2. Shame as they had a nice site and premises.

3. And the essential coffee bar!

• Like Like x 1
  4. :)

To be honest there isn't really a loser in that toss-up. There are great dealers for both marques, and both the MTS and XR have their strengths and weaknesses. I like motorbikes and have a soft spot for both BMW and Ducatis.

If I had to pick a winner then the Multi is flawed but brilliant. The XR is harder work IMO but rewarding in its own way... my Multi isn't for sale, my XR is. Make of that what you will... ;)

• Like Like x 1
  5. That is pretty much how I feel, Ducati have real “character” and charisma (but I realise they can also be character building sometimes!). I have had a couple of BMWs in the past and enjoyed them immensely but one bike that I said I would never sell was my Buell Ulysses which I suppose says something about me!

6. Did Buell go bust?

7. I thought Harley bought them out then closed it down some years later?

8. I think that Harley are in deep shit now. All the Harley owners are going to zimmer frames whilst young riders don't wanna know... Never got it myself - even if Harleys where half the price!

9. That was my take on it as well,so Spot on.:upyeah:

10. Standard warranty on new bikes is 2 years, with 4 now being given with Multistrada. If you buy a used one from a dealer and it’s on the used approved scheme, you get warranty for 12 months iirc and possibly the option to extend it.
    Bikes aren’t covered by the block exemption that covers car servicing. To maintain Ducati warranty, it has to go to a dealer or Approved service centre.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  11. Think you will find the standard warranty is 1 year, this may have changed.
    When I got my M1200 in 2018 I had to pay to extend the warranty to 3 years.

• Useful Useful x 1
  12. Buell were part of Harley but Harley pulled the pin and closed them down. Erick Buell carried on building bikes in a very small way but went into receivership in 2015

13. Got to hand it to Erick buell he tried his dam best to keep the company going. Think he went bust 3 times do:astonished:

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. Making e-bikes now I think?

[​IMG]

15. Well I have been trawling through Multistrada for sale on the Internet and I have been looking for a bike with low mileage, (under 10000 miles), and FSH but there are not many around. Plenty with over 20000 miles miles and some with more than 30000 miles but there are a lot with mileage of 16-17000 miles and I have a feeling that this is just before a major service but if it is, the price doesn’t seem to reflect this.

16. If it’s dealers, certainly Ducati ones then it’s a given they will do the desmo service before sale. If it’s not and it hasn’t then there’s a grand plus you can knock off the asking price straight away? And if it’s a pre DVT then the desmo service should have already been done (15k miles)

By definition you would expect a Multi to have higher mileage anyway, especially the ones that come with full luggage?

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Nothing wrong with a bit of mileage if the bike is well maintained and preferably garaged so not too much rust around.

• Agree Agree x 1
  18. I paid £650 for my big 18k service. I took off the bodywork myself. Not only does this save you money it also negates any chances of your bodywork getting scratched. That was free pickup and drop off too

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Riders Cardiff was horrendously expensive for servicing and not that good when it came to fault diagnosis. M&P Swansea - Gorseinon actually we’re significantly cheaper, better attitude and although not a BMW main dealer, understood my 1150GS far better than Riders.
    As far as your choice of new bike, get down to M&P Swansea and test ride a KTM 1290 SA, you’ll like it.

20. M&Ps in Gorseinon, Swansea, are now BMW main dealers too, they are also main dealers for Honda, KTM, Moto Guzzi, Bombardier, Kawasaki and Harley Davidson too. They had to build separate premises for Honda and BMW across the road from their HD showroom and now M&Ps have opened in Cardiff as well.

#40 Longdog, Jun 22, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 22, 2020
Do Not Sell My Personal Information