1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Forum: Our 2 Strokes

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Exige, Nov 19, 2017.

1. Well, I still haven't heard back on the engine. :)

• Like Like x 1
    • Like Like x 2
  3. My last 2 stroke, a TZR 250 which was a great little race bike. Like many on here I cut my teeth in the late 80’s proddy racing RD’s & KR1’s ( happy days)

D675E442-D9E1-4C5D-8C27-3E3D0411ACC9.jpeg

• Like Like x 4
  4. Beautifully put together, but lost too much of its lc'ness for my own taste.
    Not seen reverse barrels on an lc before either , although I think harry barlow might have done aircooled ones ?
    Puddy :)

• Like Like x 1
  5. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 9
  6. [​IMG]

• Funny Funny x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  7. Nice TZ project found in Malaysia apparently

C6E2F2AF-78F4-4C5E-996C-C3C9A10531A0.jpeg

8. Is that one of Richard Lindoe's (AKA Filth) bikes ?? He has done quite a few GT750 Kettle's as well. Looks like his driveway that's all ?? I bought a really tricked up ZZR14 off him a while back, he builds some awesome bikes if it's his.

9. I’ve no idea bud, it was lifted from the RD crazy fab page, TBH it the best of the unpaired hybrids I’ve seen on any of the LC forums and pages. Think it’s a Panigale rear end and tz fuel tank the rest is unknown to me.

10. It's certainly a beaut to say the least. Do a search for his name and look at his Kettle's mate, he's done some fantastic bikes if that's one of his.

11. Wow that looks lovely , never seen a 2 stroke honda trail bike before.
    Puddy :)

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  12. Have a look at west coast imports they have an unbelievable amount of stuff

13. Anyone fancy a KR1. Someone selling one on the Rd LC forum and it’s mint !

18BD3B61-9852-449C-9E93-B038095EB533.jpeg

• Like Like x 1
  14. I'm about to dip myself head first into another 2 stroke project... I'm not going to lie, I am struggling a bit with the idea as I think it's going to be a mission!

Essentially my mate has a 93 RGV Race bike, that was tuned to stage 3, so no gaskets, kit sugaya japan exhausts and suzuki kit ignition. it's been left neglected but I did get it running about 5 years ago and he took it to a track day and it basically fouled the plugs as we totally guessed the carburation because we could only ride it in the driveway to test it so the pilots were okay but I think the mains were massively rich.

Anyway, so the plan is to strip the engine out, clean up all the basic frame and suspension and brakes, most of which were rebuilt, and get a V5 sorted for it. Then before spending any money on it I need to get the engine to a pro and see what it's going to cost to rebuild, the crank may be junked, the cylinders may have been modified beyond use on a standard road tune, so need to make a decision after than.

I'm in a weird position in that i dislike the RGV, think it's really dated, but I'm thinking of doing a tyga kit on it with a modern LCD dash and that should resolve my main gripes.

15. As it's been so modified, a Tyga kit is the way to go to freshen it up as I am doing with mine.
    Digital dashes are dirt cheap, Tyga seat units are not....:mad::mad:

16. Yeah, the seat unit is the worst bit about the older RGV's, that and the not vented brake discs, and the clocks that move on the handlebars, just rubbish. The main starting point will be to get the engine built back up to a perhaps ported standard engine, with perhaps some small upgrades designed to boost midrange road manners, then run a Zeeltec ECU on it as I had one on my VJ23 and it was a really cool bit of kit. Need to strip the engine though first and see what state it's in.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information