1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Forum: Our 2 Strokes

Discussion in 'Other Bikes' started by Exige, Nov 19, 2017.

1. https://www.ebay.co.uk/itm/YAMAHA-Y...789919?hash=item3af84b55df:g:dXIAAOSwm3paFq5K
    o_O

2. Cracking sport, I’m going to run a Crf450 next year though. Keeping the 2 stroke though. Good fun to ride

3. Use to have a Yam WR400 then YZF 426 far to much for me and bastard to start when hot, when i fell off or stalled them (quite a lot) tried a couple of YZF250 same thing when hot, just used up so much energy trying to start them, I suspect they are a lot easier now with elec start's, 450's would still be to much for me in 3hr H&H or 6 hour time card enduro. Good luck with the new season.

4. Thanks. Enjoy the rebuilds and with your events.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. Just insured the YR5 (post #001) with Footman James :)
    On the road from Saturday o_O

• Like Like x 2
  6. BB7F38BA-B2E4-41B0-81BD-3593FAF55903.jpeg Have you put your stickers on !

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  7. I wonder how many would buy aftershave if it smelt like two stroke?

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. I've used this in my strokers for years. :yum

Not as aftershave though, you understand. o_O

Screen Shot 2018-05-24 at 12.30.32.png

• WTF WTF x 1
  9. Yay o_O I'll pinch that for my sticker thread :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  10. its almost a Ducati but satisfies the 2 stroke craze too - just passed its MOT today - first one in 10 years !! Its been in my forgarage for 4 years getting rebuilt

IMG_2068.JPG

• Like Like x 8
    • Love You Love You x 1
  11. Lovely bikes - like a 2-stroke 996 - a proper race replica. Open clutch, ram air ... and so light.

Spares are indeed getting rare so I just bought a second VJ23 as an insurance policy for my Lucky Strike :)

IMG_3799.JPG

IMG_2707.JPG

I have an unrestricted ECU, replacement jets and a set of Sugaya spannies ready to go when I get the time to fit them and get it on a Dyno.

• Like Like x 6
  12. Been getting out on my gamma quite a bit this season

589DE6D8-F13A-4560-BA46-BCBEC49AE3C1.jpeg

7E61FB05-B04B-4272-817F-18C27F076112.jpeg

BAE26B4B-7892-4455-B8CD-BB4EA1549B51.jpeg

EC87691F-9496-44A4-9A0A-551937C79954.jpeg

A690A65A-170F-4BBB-A783-920199D90D03.jpeg

• Like Like x 10
  13. Love the Gamma - it looks just like mine - been in the garage treating it to a new set of plugs !! Started up first again - gorgeous noise !!

• Like Like x 1
  14. After a few hiccups, re-jetting and sorting the slide heights the lil YR5 runs and ticks over sweet - a few tentative runs out and will follow to check the plugs. Currently running 130 main jets (110 Standard) and 33:1 pre mix.
    First proper run out will be next weekend but it's been around the block a couple of times with no issues and I am well happy o_O:upyeah:
    Rear calliper to have new seals and a Bell digital speedo to fit which is on order...

IMG_4352.JPG

• Like Like x 8
  15. A mate of mine has been building this for someone, just got it rolling.
    Rgv forks, yokes, swinger
    Honda nc29 wheels.
    YPVS engine going in next then its going away for a set of pipes to be made.
    Edit, Engine just gone in.
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]
    [​IMG]

#96 Roadtrip, Jun 3, 2018
    Last edited: Jun 3, 2018
    • Like Like x 2
  16. Take it to Dave Whattam to set up on his Dyno. He’s not far from you in Malton and pretty reasonable.
    I’m there on the 8th with my N1.

• Useful Useful x 1
  17. Is he Malton Dyno Centre? If so I have used him before (there's 2 in Malton) :):upyeah:

18. No, he’s two strokes only. I think he used to use John Warrington’s dyno but got his own now in a purpose built workshop at the back of his house.
    Muttsnutts on the Rd forum
    ‭07881 812660‬

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  19. Ha, yep, tbh mate the spares situation is a bit of a worry to me, but I have been picking up things where I can, i have another bottom end (minus crank) that can be built up and have various things like Oil Solenoids, Cables and bits and pieces, even have things like spare starter motor and stator so I hope to be okay for a while.

My heart would prefer a Mk2 RS250 so I will see how long I keep it for. I've had some swarbrick silencers made, and I've been running the Zeeltronic for a good 750 or so miles now and tweaking with the settings, it's a really impressive bit of kit and the bike has got much closer to it's potential. I've just fitted a 14/44 sprocket kit also just to get closer to de-restricted gearing without taking all the fun away.

Next on the list is to fix a leaking clutch seal, get a radial master cylinder and then get some new Pistons in it. Then I'll get some fresh tyres on it and maybe even treat it to a new rear shock, just little bits at a time.

g%TiBQfqS2SE8qGCdByP2w.jpg

• Like Like x 5
Do Not Sell My Personal Information