1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Glasgow

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by El Toro, Nov 26, 2020.

1. Changes at the top wouldn't be a bad thing, I guess a lot will change behind the scenes, as long as the Ducati 'experience ' is still there then all good as far as a Ducati dealer in Scotland is concerned

• Like Like x 1
  2. More information in the following links:

https://www.insider.co.uk/news/jobs-saved-glasgow-ducati-dealership-23153480

https://www.ducatiglasgow.co.uk/pag...asgow-now-part-of-ducati-manchester-group.htm

https://www.facebook.com/pg/DUCATIGLASGOW/about/?ref=page_internal

I don't know if all the staff after the take-over are the same, but apparently Mike Robins (previously Director Ducati Glasgow) still has an interest in the location, and the previous team under him are in this link:

https://www.ducatiglasgow.co.uk/pages/about/meet-the-team.htm

Tom.

3. Below is the latest from Chris Booth, MD of the Ducati Manchester Group (taken from Facebook just now)

“I’d like to introduce you all to Andrew Duthie who will be heading up Ducati Glasgow and helping us take DG to new levels.

upload_2021-2-6_20-8-23.png

He joins us with a wealth of operational experience in the automotive sales & after-sales industry.

He combines this with a lifelong passion for motorcycling. He was a National motorcycle racer and formerly, a Ron Haslam Race School track day instructor.

These days, he maintains a healthy enjoyment of leisure riding including trials and off road riding and European track days.

Andrew is looking forward to meeting all our customers in the dealership and at future events, as soon as restrictions allow.

In the meantime, you can contact him on [email protected] or on 0141 333 4998.”

• Like Like x 4
  4. 19F7A0C5-06B3-430D-A1BA-622626543203.jpeg

And a quote from Chris Booth (MD of Ducati Manchester Group)

“Just to confirm the building is being sold by the administrators - I signed last week for our new showroom round the corner and building work commences this coming week.”

:)

#184 El Toro, Feb 21, 2021
    Last edited: Feb 21, 2021
    • Like Like x 2
    • Useful Useful x 1
  5. Phew - Thought for a moment there had been more drama!

6. You wonder why. Seems crazy when there is already a fully-fitted and on brand site that could be for rent very soon

7. Somebody has a dizzy head filled with ££££'s - 1.5 million?

8. Maybe Glasgow business is BOOMING!

9. Maybe they are putting in a more compact and less blingy showroom still within brand guidelines with lower long term ongoing costs thereby increasing the chances of survival ...

10. You can read the adminstrators report on Companies House website.

It states the Company had not been earning enough to pay the loan repayments on the new building for a while and when covid hit, it made the business untenable.

• Useful Useful x 1
  11. I am not intelligent, nor a businessman, but I could of told them that from the get-go. Where they expecting some kind of mad Ducati boom in Scotland?

12. it was/remains? a triumph dealership too.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. Maybe with global warming and good scenery and mountain roads, Scotland will become the new Austria all year round!

14. How could they and still get the stock in if its a lot smaller? If you look at Snells for example, they need the large back store or they'd have no where. Not been to Glasgow, looks quite like Rapido or Bristol in size.

The landlord must be demanding a fortune in rent, or of they both went bust I guess the propesct of it being available may be slim.

15. Want to make any more assumptions or guesses ? Why not get some facts then post !!!! And that back store at Snells ain't that big, just tightly packed.

16. Ffs why are you always so punchy online? Wind it in mate.

I know many dealers make decent money from used stock, and having a showroom crammed doesn’t seem to be on brand. Then there is clothes and parts and being the only dealer in Scotland you’d have thought they would need substantial of both. Re-branding isn’t cheap, although is not a million quid obviously. So there could well be a much cheaper and still suitable site close by. Given current economic position there are probably loads! Seems a shame when someone has spent so much on it that it’s ditched off.

Snells is quite big out the back and it’s two floors, but it’s not a showroom so they can cram it without compromising day to day working.

17. I'll wind it in when you stop posting hot air, not sure why being called out on it rankles with you ... its inevitable and its most of your posts ... you're a likeable bloke but you post some utter rubbish ....

Snells, Jhp and others have compact front ends and decent storage where stuff can be rammed in, take it you've been to JHP? That to me is a sensible real estate model for longer term success.

18. £1.5m for a big shed is a little steep..

19. Last I was told DG were moving to Ride on. There were no new premises for the Triumph side of the business.

Ride On had 2 buildings which from memory had more floor space than the Ducati side of the business at Mossland road. If what i was told about Triumph not going there was correct, then there should be plenty room.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  20. And most of my posts eh? You’re online persona mate is entirely different to real life one. You’re like an angry wasp shouting into the internet when someone posts something you don’t agree with online, for whatever reason. At least I can say mine isn’t pal. I’m agitated and react to same stuff everywhere and am happy to say to someone face to face as much as behind a keyboard.

back in thread rather than the insults being chucked my way.

JHp have a big underground bit don’t they for workshop and stuff? Quite a cave under there. So yes of course they can find alternative premises. Just wondering out loud. Why they wouldn’t take on the current premises. Not sure what crime that is. And opinions are just that: opinions.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information