1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Glasgow

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by El Toro, Nov 26, 2020.

1. As far as I was aware, Ducati (Italy) are paid by a (US based) finance company the moment a bike leaves the factory and the dealer owes and pays interest to the finance company until the bike is sold when the outstanding debt is settled. Dealer’s stock is verified monthly by an independent stock taker representing the finance company. Don’t know how common this model is but if I’ve understood it correctly, if a dealer goes bust, Ducati has been paid for the stock and the risk is carried by the finance house. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Which is when buyers stop buying for whatever reason.

3. what a shit model for a dealer. Why would you sign up to terms that say you must have bikes, you must pay interest on bikes you won't sell and you must carry all the stock risk!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Clearly works for Ducati but gives a small insight as to why quite a few (UK) dealers walked away, especially when they were required to provide the corporate dealership showroom and facilities, at their own cost. Andy

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. St.Neots Motorcycles gave up the Ducati franchise years ago, after Ducati demanded unrealistic commitments. Same happened earlier with Honda. Ducati and Motorrad dealerships seem light years away from the old school dealers, that aren't staffed by suits with shiny shoes.

• Agree Agree x 2
  6. I suspect that's why Shirlaws in Aberdeen gave up on Ducati too.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Not been there for years. They were Triumph dealers??

8. Still are and have a separate suzuki showroom under the railway arches

• Like Like x 1
  9. same with Ducati Wolverhampton, Ducati Italy wanted £50000 plus to revamp the showroom in a corporate upgrade. Wolves said no!
    Now an MV dealer and "ducati independent"

• Like Like x 1
  10. No Ducati dealer in Huntingdon.

11. No longer an MV dealer either so i heard.

#151 duke63, Dec 10, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 10, 2020
  12. FD530B09-A002-4A68-8AEC-BE2CB883EA8E.jpeg

• Like Like x 2
  13. DF capital is the 3rd party stock financing company

• Like Like x 1
  14. Indeed, I maybe wasn't clear, that was aimed at those that believed that Ducati forced dealers to take stocking finance from a US based 3rd party on dictated terms, not the case as each business is able to agree their own financing arrangements, either direct or via a funding vehicle such as DF.

• Like Like x 1
  15. No DAT financing available then?

• Funny Funny x 1
  16. On the Glasgow web site statement, they say they will be moving (out of their new state of the art premises ) to new locations later in 2021. Funding the millions it must have cost to build that showroom must have played a huge part in its downfall.

• Agree Agree x 2
  17. Or the property is in a different company and will be rented by that company to AN Other and the Ducati Glasgow operating Co will find cheaper premises to rent.

• Like Like x 1
  18. i dont think telling somebody the second they walked through the door "used bikes upstairs"with no hello helps much either. especialy as the fella could afford to buy any number of bikes in the shop that took his fancy.

19. That is one of the reasons for their high cost base. I understand that their staffing levels and wage bill is on the high side of high too.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information