1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Glasgow

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by El Toro, Nov 26, 2020.

1. One of your mates?

• Funny Funny x 2
  2. Good news Scotland has a main dealer still

• Agree Agree x 2
  3. The previous owners of Ducati Glasgow including the guy who left , own the Company that owns the property.

Sounds like a very expensive misjudgement was made somewhere.

4. not a mate as such, more so with the bro in law. the fellas minted despite his rough appearance. i bumped into him on the way down on my second last visit to DG as he was heading back from DG as he had taken a notion for a scrambler as a second bike to go with his R1. apparently he got two steps in the door, got some attitude and promptly walked back out. which in my experience is unusual. more so for yer man too as he is generally a pretty chilled out character. until he planks his ass on the R1 that is. then, like the BIL and all that group turn into fecking animals. waaaay to quick for me.
    personally speaking, while i have had issues with the Ducs and i know i aint the easiest to work for tho i am no Munchausen, i want stuff done properly and will happily pay what ever it takes for quality work, they have pretty much always been dealt with properly with no quibble.

5. Ducati Glasgow: OpCo. XXX: PropCo. Can have the same owners of OpCo and PropCo but from a legal POV OpCo and PropCo are separate legal entities. It's commonplace when running a company that operates from brick & mortar premises to have 2 separate companies, one that owns the property and one that owns the business. The operating co the rents the property from the property co. That way if the operating co gets into difficulties due to things like Brexit/Covid/Shit business plan etc the property company survives to keep the bricks and mortar and land and rent the property to another sucker.

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  6. Sounds like your mate is one of those recreational offendee’s. Why would you walk about like a parrafin lamp when you’re loaded? Have a word with the scruffy cvnt. Get him down a decent clothes shop. Then he won’t be ‘oh so offended’ when a salesman assumes he’s skint.

Which is utter bollox btw. A mate of mine worked in a Porsche dealership and he maintained you have no clue whatsoever about who’s loaded and who isn’t when they walk in the showroom.

• Agree Agree x 2
  7. Not if they cannot refinance the borrowings.

8. i dont think he was offended. i think he just chose not to spend his wealth there, first impressions and all that. i could also tell you a story about a good mate of mine, another scruffy cvnt who entered a BMW dealership in edinbro with his debit card and left with a brand new M3 and a free fast car course after a word with the manager when the first salesman he encountered just laughed at him when he told him what he wanted. it happens.
    i v,much doubt it was martin or um, jeeze, forget his name, good craic. he is in the pic with you and martin wearing a wig.

9. Blair, yip. thats the one. good salesperson, much fun. :upyeah:

#169 finm, Dec 12, 2020
    Last edited: Dec 12, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  10. Blair left some time ago.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. Why is it senior management and politicians make “errors of judgement”?

is it not a shit decision, poor management...
    And should of been sacked.. I bet when the tech fits a belt wrong they don’t refer to it as an error of judgement!

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. You ok hun?

13. its all good.
    i wonder where they are moving too. somewhere no further than Balloch would be great. i hate going to the city.

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. Or stinks of smoke and mirrors with tge motive to deceive... Phillip green esk!

15. Twat!

16. Ha ha, me too....

17. I know.....

• Funny Funny x 1
  18. Confirmation of Ducati Manchester's acquisition of Ducati Glasgow from a recent communication:
    [​IMG]
    THE UK'S PREMIER DUCATI DEALERSHIPS
    Find out why more and more people are choosing to buy their next Ducati from us.
    MANCHESTER
    Tel: 0161 973 9572
    Washway Road,
    Sale, Manchester, M33 7AR
    DucatiStore.co.uk
    PRESTON
    Tel: 01772 706523
    Millennium City Park
    Preston, PR2 5BW
    DucatiPreston.co.uk
    STOKE
    Tel: 01782 848191
    London Road
    Stoke-on-Trent, ST4 5NX
    DucatiStoke.co.uk
    WORCESTER
    Tel: 01905 783175
    Castle Street
    Worcester, WR1 3AD
    DucatiWorcester.co.uk
    GLASGOW
    Tel: 0141 333 4 998
    6 Mossland Drive, Hillington Park, Glasgow, G52 4FA

Hope it helps.
    Tom.

19. will it be the same management team running the place, i got the impression from an email that i gave a quick browse over that it is still the same crew running it. is that correct?

20. I think in the main it will be but there may be a change at the top I'm guessing.

• Useful Useful x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information