1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Ducati Gt1000 Special Reduced

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by David Hales, Aug 6, 2018.

1. If you want to spend £££ fitting a bike with a load of non-standard parts and special finishes to suit your own taste, good luck to you and more power to your elbow. But either preserve all the original parts so you can return it to standard ... or keep the bike forever.

I'm afraid that selling a high mileage, highly modified bike is unlikely to get you your money back. Unless by some remote chance a buyer comes along who thinks this specimen is exactly what he fancies.

• Agree Agree x 5
  2. I am not asking for any where near my money bike wheels alone with tyres is £2k, let alone paint and all the other bits, i have built several bikes over the years and had about 5 in magazines, i know how it works, spend a fourtune and never get it back, its passion and i enjoy doing it, i have lowered it to pretty much my lowest price and yes i may end up having to keep it, same old story, not everyone appreciates what time and money goes into these

• Like Like x 1
  3. Glad you enjoy it. But you might find that restoring trashed bikes to their exact original condition is a better proposition than modifying bikes far away from originality. I say this having tried both ways.

4. Ok i have reduced my bike down to £7499, seems like everyone is worried about the miles for that price, cost of the build much much more, the question is, if i return it back to stock (around £3K) what would i get for a standard 45,000 mile GT, would i be able to sell the parts i have fitted for a decent return?

#23 David Hales, May 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. Reduced to £7499 or make brake, or return to stock

#24 David Hales, May 7, 2019
    Last edited: Jul 10, 2019
  6. May I ask a question? If you removed the non-standard parts, would they potentially fit a Sport 1000, a Sport 1000S, or a Paul Smart 1000LE, or other models? Or would they fit only a GT and nothing else?

I am afraid that if they would fit onto nothing but a GT, you may struggle to find a GT owner anywhere who would want them at any price.

If you can establish that the components fit various other models, and advertise them on that basis, you might get somewhere.

7. Hi Pete, most would fit other models, but some are GT specific
    Any Model - Indicators, shocks, wheels, discs, Fuel Cap, Oberon Slave cylinder, rear light/number plate bracket, Forks, not sure about front brake lever and clutch lever
    GT Specific - Exhaust, seat, foot rests, Master cylinder covers, body work (although this would fit others dont think anyone would)

8. Reduced again, £6799 OVNO

9. Reduced again, now £6799 OVNO

10. £6500, what a steel

11. I take it other materials are used in the construction!

• Like Like x 4
  12. Lol yup

• Funny Funny x 1
  13. Are you selling the forks? If so what are they? Have they been modded or standard?

14. Are you going to subscribe to sell like everyone else has to?

• Like Like x 2
  15. If i decide to put it back to standard, its getting a bit daft in my opinion, it is a bargain at that price so havnt made my mind up to keep it or to return it to stock and sell the upgrades
    Forks are of a monster S4, anodised black

16. Yup i will do if i am going to sell the bits, i was subscribed but it has lappsed

17. Get subscribing then you cheeky monkey ;)

• Agree Agree x 2
  18. If it was a "steel" in the eyes of others, it would surely have sold by now ? :cool:

• Agree Agree x 1
  19. Steel, plastic and rubber..

• Agree Agree x 1
  20. Over a year and still for sale........

• Like Like x 1
  21. Nice bike and if it helps my monster 1000 shares the same DS1000 engine and I’ve now covered 150k miles. Because she was looking rather tatty after years of commuting in all weathers decided to refresh - mostly cosmetic. Stripped the engine just to check things as I had time and keen to look closely at wear. My leak down and compression tests weren’t great so I know there were some issues. Anyway in the end she needed both exhaust guides (new seats cut ) , one exhaust valve, opening rocker and a set of rings. Obviously all seals replaced but none leaking at time of strip down. All rebuilt and running great. In fact probably better than she has ever has so far.
    I have the FDSH i.e serviced every 6k until recently when I decided to strip and care for my bikes now I’m retired. The last time the engine was apart was at 38k when the exhaust valves were replaced at the dealer.
    Hope you get her sold.

• Like Like x 2
Do Not Sell My Personal Information