1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Insurance

Discussion in 'Insurance - Sponsored by Ducati Insurance' started by Rob, Jun 2, 2014.

1. ;)

#61 Hyperextended, Aug 15, 2015
    Last edited by a moderator: Jul 15, 2016
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. Modifications and accessories are an one of those "interesting" areas ... what is and isn't covered varies by Underwriter.

As a general rule of thumb, if it came with the bike / was a factory option it's covered. For example, a Multistrada with an Enduro pack (if declared), would be covered.

Others, such as Carbon Fibre or a different Can, will depend on the Insurer. Some Underwriters will provide cover up to a certain value, some will cover the bike - but not the accessories (in which case the premium should be the same as if you had not declared them) and finally there is the option to declare their value separately and pay an extra premium (in which case they will be specifically endorsed on your policy).

However, certain changes such as paint-work or performance enhancing modifications can make the bike an unacceptable risk ... so if you haven't declared something and make a claim, it may lead to the claim being rejected.

Apologies if this sounds evasive, it's just one of those areas that's not straight-forward and cannot easily be compared between insurers.

Bottom line, if in doubt give us a call and we can give a definitive answer specific to your policy. We can cover modifications and accessories; but sometimes it might cost a bit more.

• Like Like x 2
  3. Just did my quote on-line and called to clarify/update few bits - very impressed and pleased with the price!

4. Phoned today for a quote, not had a bike for 5 yrs so starting from scratch.
    age 51.
    kept in garage.
    Datataged, keyless and disclocked.
    £750 fc
    :Wideyed:

Cheapest quote elsewhere was £177

6. Hi,

Not sure what happened there, could you reply privately to me with your personal details so that I can investigate please.

Thanks

7. Just replied via pm :upyeah:

8. Just had another call from Ducati Insurance - more than halved the 1st quote, including full UK breakdown cover and personal accident cover...Happy bunny here :sunglasses:

9. Have tried to contact Ducati Ins by email twice,using their page.Doesn't seem to work for me.I made an enquiry by mail in the hopes I could get a quick answer to my multi bike question.

10. Mervyn, you can contact them through the forum. Have a look in Industry Reviews, Insurance sponsored by Ducati Insurance. Andy

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  11. Ooops, just seen what section of the forum we're in. Doh :Facepalm:. A

#71 Android853sp, Mar 30, 2016
    Last edited: Mar 30, 2016
  12. Hi Andy.Thankyou,I did get their site up via the forum.First time I had site unavailable.2nd time I got time out,even though I hadn't messed about.I didn't want to faff about on the phone initially as I find it quite tiring.If they could of helped me I would have bitten the bullet and gone through the motions.

13. Thank goodness it is not just me then.Ha Ha.:upyeah::):p

14. Thank you Andy.I will do that right now whilst my brain is still working.

15. Well,Ducati Insurance got back to me as promised.I had told them what my renewal quote was.I was quoted about £150 more than my current insurer.I will now renew with Carole Nash and save myself a lot of hassle by trying other companies.

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Ive just renewed mine again with Carole Nash. Saved money and hassle.

17. Sorry if this post is bit lengthy :(

I have multi-bike insurance with Ducati Insurance covering my Bonnie and Multistrada.
    5 months ago while riding my Bonnie I was taken out by a car driver who decided to turn right just as I got next to him (yes, I was filtering but the traffic I was passing was stationary and I was going between 5 and 10 mph with my lights on).
    I suffered a broken leg in the collision and the bike suffered some damage.

I contacted Ducati Insurance to let them know about the accident and was referred to ERS…as DI is only the broker.

ERS advised that I had a choice of two claim routes: make a claim under my own policy and, once all costs had been established, ERS would have discussions with the third party insurer to discuss liability and the recovery of costs; or I personally pursue a claim direct with the third party's insurer, even though, at the time, I did not know who that was!
    Even though I firmly believe liability rests entirely with the third party, in order to get my bike repaired as quickly as possible (not that I have been able to ride it), I chose to go down the first route.

At that point it appears that ERS passed the claim handling to 4th Dimension, who I dealt with in relation to repairs to the bike (which were completed in December).
    In January, as the cost of repairing the bike had been established, I got back to ERS to enquire as to progress with establishing liability. ERS advised that the process of discussions with third party insurers and recovery of outlay, if liability is accepted, is a long process and there are no time scales on how long this could take.

Since then I’ve heard nothing in relation to liability and have had no response to emails. Today I tried to call them, using a number given to me by an ERS person. It was outside office hours when I called, but what surprised me was that the recorded message was “Thank you for calling 4th Dimension. Our offices are now closed”. So, are ERS and 4th Dimension one and the same?

I summary, DI have been no help in relation to the claim handling and I don’t know whether I’m dealing with ERS or 4th Dimension ……what I do know is that it all drags on!

I hope to be out on my bikes again soon, at least before policy renewal.

#78 Stanford, Apr 6, 2016
    Last edited: Jun 10, 2016
  18. You never know how good an insurance company is until you make a claim. They are all however, very efficient when it comes to collecting the premiums.

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. Well I was looking for a quote on a multibike policy which currently includes my 1098S on an annual premium of £119 with DI.
    57 , full no claims , garaged etc . Now I fancied a new Multistrada Pikes Peak and was quoted an additional £830, and also got a quote on a new 1200S at an additional £620 :Wtf::Wtf::Wtf: Really ? its a Ducati not a Ferrari and i'm not 17 years old !!!

Doesnt make any sense to me at all. :confuse::confuse::confuse::confuse: !! Even the lovely lady giving me the bad news couldnt stop apologising !

#80 GaryO, Apr 11, 2016
    Last edited: Apr 11, 2016
Do Not Sell My Personal Information