1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Manchester Situation Part 2

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by Dirty Leeds, Sep 15, 2018.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Fairplay to him, after all he is The Janitor:upyeah:

2. Agree with this, perks of the job.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  3. I’ve experienced nothing but good service from the Duc Mcr boys. Once filled my S4rs with diesel and the macanic stayed on after closing time to drain the tank and refuel it. Another time one of the service guys let me borrow his waterproofs to get home as the heavens opened. The last time my bike was in for a broken wire around the headstock, thay had it for 4 days tracing the problem but only charged me an hour for labour.
    The only thing I find unusual is Martin, who brokered the deal with me on my multi doesn’t recognise me, it’s like he sees through me when I’m there saying hi!
    All the rest are totally cool, can’t fault them.

• Like Like x 1
  4. Thing is Carl neither I or you know the full facts. You have read one side of the story.

I ALWAYS say, no matter who the dealer is, that they should be given the opportunity to rectify a situation. I believe in this instance that that was done. And it was then up to the OP to either accept the offer made or walk away.

However certain “noisy” members on here decide that they should start baying for blood. That is not on if a dealer has tried to rectify a situation in my book.

A certain midlands based dealer reputation was called into question many times because they never tried to rectify any situations they’d caused. They not only blatantly ignored complaints but in many instances tried to rubbish the reputation of the paying customer. Completely different situation. And when Ducati UK finally caught up with them the dealership was taken away from what I understand.

• Like Like x 2
    • Agree Agree x 1
  5. The usual suspects was mentioned :eyes:
    I dealt with DMC once and my experience was this: I phoned to buy a 999R for £8k a few years ago after they had a two page centre spread feature in MCN which mentioned the bike - the bike was actually up for £10k and the £8k was a miss print by MCN, Martin at DMC honoured the price at £8k and was great to deal with. This is why I posted and mentioned his name but I didn't have chance to add my story. Sometimes dealers get it more than right like in my case, sometimes they get it just a little bit wrong - like saying the bike will be back for sale tomorrow :thinkingface: - a little bit of give would have been good here (just slightly more than £100 and all would have been happy I'm sure) - I only have praise for how DMC and in particular Martin dealt with me. They will have been reading the thread I think :thinkingface:
    El T gets it right in most peoples eyes most of the time, but he's only 'nearly' human, I think I will give him a cuddle the next time he buys me a coffee o_O (Hell T, bring Bettes with his ciggies) :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 4
    • WTF WTF x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. Am I Keyser Soze? o_O

7. Have you killed someones entire family?

8. Sssshhhhhhh :eyes:

• Funny Funny x 1
  9. :eyes:

10. :eyes:

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. [​IMG]

• Like Like x 1
  12. Only dealt with DMC Stoke can fault them

13. What have I started!!!

• Funny Funny x 1
  14. I bought my Diavel from Duc MCR and the aftersales service was exceptional. They have picked my bike up from my house once when it wouldn't start, worked overtime on a bank holiday, and many other bits and pieces that I really appreciated. If the deal was already too good to be true, maybe, just maybe, they don't have any more to offer without making a loss. I agree they could/should have been a bit more careful with the stated mileage, but its not actually the end of the world. I mean, its only a few weekend days out in real world terms. If you don't use the bike over winter then it will have caught up sort of, if you get my drift. If 800 miles and £100 is a dealbreaker then look elsewhere or simply go and get the thing and start to enjoy. Or as another poster suggested, get a S1000RR, I'm loving mine!!. Just my 2p worth.

Stuart

• Like Like x 2
  15. As an update to this situation I have received the following email from Martin at Ducati Manchester:

=============================================================================
    Hi Terry ,

Just been reading all this about the customer with his miles discrepancy on his potential 1299.

As I’m not a forum member would you mind copying and pasting this for me please ?

“I know the 1299 very well , it was sold by me personally new to a good customer who’s now purchased 7 new Ducati’s from Manchester

The bike has never been used for track days or ridden especially hard (to this particular customer its more about the look and feel of a large sports Ducati)

The bike has been back to ourselves every year for a full service and is exceptionally clean.

When we originally valued the bike it had covered 4250 miles

The customer then collected the new bike and traded his old bike with us (to answer the question if we reduced the purchase price because of the slight increase in miles – of course we didn’t ! – why would we want to upset a customer on the day of collection of his new bike ! – we are a Ducati retailer not a used car dealer ………)

We use a dealer management system which exports all the bike details onto our website , ebay etc , this is totally my fault in that I didn’t change the miles before the advert was published

Not done intentionally , made a mistake , hands up I admit it – my fault completely I forgot to amend the advert

After several emails and phone calls we took a verbal order from a customer and had agreed to take his Ducati in part exchange (which we haven’t seen or inspected yet)

We then carried out an Mot and as both tyres were 50 % worn we fitted 2 new tyres – we didn’t have to do this

I then received an email after the store closed – I think from memory it was about 8.30 pm – I always try and reply to emails , face book messages , whats app etc after hours if I can

After a few emails back and forwards we agreed a compromise which I thought the customer was happy with and the deal was back on

I then received another email saying he wanted to cancel , I didn’t advise him that we would put the bike back on sale the day after if he didn’t buy it , we are not selling “timeshare “ etc

What I actually said after 2 days of not knowing if he still wanted the bike , no payment received from him and no collection date arranged is the email below which I sent at 8.50 pm

“Thanks for the email.

Unfortunately I can’t offer anything over what we discussed.

We are all out on this particular bike.

Please confirm if you definitely don’t want to go ahead and if not I will put the bike back in sale and advise if we receive anything else into stock that may be suitable

Thanks “

As has been previously stated we have offered a great part exchange price , offered the new bike at a really competitive price , prepared the bike over and above what most dealers would do , offered to reduce the price due to our mistake , full tank of fuel , answered emails evening time (the accusation that I didn’t call him back as I was in a “meeting” and he couldn’t get hold of me is true – I was genuinely In a meeting with Ducati UK that day for aprox 4 hours) , he was the first customer I called back after the meeting finished

The customer agreed to collect the bike Saturday gone , that didn’t happen and he’s agreed to hopefully collect the bike this coming Wednesday - will keep you updated

Unfortunately I made a slight mistake (742 miles to be precise) , didn’t do this intentionally , wouldn’t ever lie about a bikes miles , agreed a compromise due to my mistake , answered emails in the evening , prepared the bike to a great standard and genuinely tried to keep this customer happy

I do a lot with the Ducati Manchester store , including Wednesday evening ride outs , customer trips to Italy and Scotland , organise a customer Christmas party , bike show trips , charity events and fundraisers etc etc

I do this because I love the brand and the people I meet and I genuinely love my job – to the customer who asks why I don’t speak to him instore , I wouldn’t ever ignore you , please come and have a chat and a coffee next time you’re instore – most probably I’ve not made the connection with you and your purchase as we didn’t speak ? - I apologise though I’m sorry

I hope this helps people understand how a simple mistake (my fault) can get everyone talking but please understand it wasn’t intentional and we did agree a compromise

Hopefully the customer will be posting photos of his new bike on Wednesday and when he actually views the bike in person he will be extremely happy with it

Thanks for reading all this and hope I didn’t bore you too much !

Kind regards

Martin

=============================================================================

And there you have it from the horses mouth.

• Like Like x 6
    • Thanks Thanks x 2
  16. Why didn’t the dealer just run it in reverse for 742 miles :p

• Funny Funny x 3
  17. So after all that a storm in a tea cup comes to mind:rolleyes:

• Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  18. I said from the start, if 742 miles bothers you then you all need to go and ride more :)

• Agree Agree x 3
  19. I bought a Multistrada out of the UK last year and the service history was from Ducati Manchester.
    E mailed em late one night thinking I wouldn't hear back from them ever and to my surprise I got a mail back that night explaining he couldn't check as he was away from his office but would revert in the morning. Sure enough got the service details!!
    Ordered a few bits from them because of quality customer services .

• Like Like x 2
  20. Still no mention if it had the monobrow manc service kit :D

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information