1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

For Sale Ducati Monster 1100s - Lightest In Uk

Discussion in 'Ducati Bikes For Sale' started by mickb, Aug 6, 2017.

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
  1. Lovely bike, can't believe it hasn't gone

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. ok, as some may prefer the look (& quieter sound) of the termi's, I've put these back on:

IMG_0249.JPG ter

IMG_0250.JPG

IMG_0251.JPG

IMG_0252.JPG

• Like Like x 3
  3. Much better...in my opinion.
    If that doesn't sell, the world is a crazeeee place indeed!

• Agree Agree x 1
  4. Much better and likely to appeal to a wider audience.

Having to break the triumph so funds not available soon enough, as this looks a very saleable price :upyeah: maybe mileage putting people off (but no idea why:these basic monsters seem to run forever!)

5. My last option is to put the original (Marchesini) wheels back on, in place of the BST carbon jobbies. This would give a price drop to around £4200.....anyone interested in that option feel free to give me a shout?

6. For some reason the 1100 monsters dont seem to go for very much more than either the 696 or 797. No idea why as they have a lot more useable performance than either I think. I`ve seen a nice 1100 for sale below £4k so they are getting to the stage where they are a fantastic buy but bad news for anyone selling one.

7. I think that would be a good move M, standard always sells more easily to the masses, I liked it just as it was. I would be tempted to try Gumtree myself, although I know it's more risky/strenuous than it used to be.

8. Yeah - for me the first pic it looked the best...i must confess i can never see the mentality in paying x for a standard bike or pay y (for a shed load of aftermarket bits) that'd cost you way more to do yourself...if you offered me a bike which cost 2k more than a stocker with 5k's worth of bits on it id bite your hand off. Almost did that a couple of years back. Fowlers had a zx10r for 13k (equivalent stockers were about 9k at the time) which, was absolutely infested with bits, even the really high ticket items like ohlins forks, ttx rear...20k's worth of bike so the salesman told me - it was a show bike for some spares company and they just "wanted to do another one"....was trying to work round the wife at the time but couldnt do it...i think the forks were 2.5k on their own.

#28 comfysofa, Sep 13, 2017
    Last edited: Sep 14, 2017
    • Agree Agree x 1
  9. Buying and bolting bits on is fun. So is the "will the wife see me sneaking the shiny bits into the garage" game.

10. Sorry - id rather not go through the pain of that if i can possibly avoid it....my hyper came pretty well as it is now...if i had to go through it from scratch it'd cost me a good 3k at least...! having said that ive been doing exactly that for the last 7 years (this stint of bike ownership...)

11. ok, to summarise:

Bike with BST Carbon wheels: £4750
    Bike with standard marchesini wheels: £4200
    Bike with both sets: £5250

In other words, if you were not particularly interested in the carbon wheels, you could get both sets, sell the BST's (~£1300-1400), & end up with the bike for under £4k, what's not to like!

12. If I didn't already have a pretty "unique" monster, that would be sorely tempting. I do like the look on the first pic with the weird boom tube things (although my neighbours barely tolerate me now with 50mm straight through termis on the M900, and similar on the 998).

lovely looking bike. good luck with the sale.

Pete

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. GLWS

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. Looks like nobody loves 'er, may wait until the spring & try again....

15. Bike looks stunning.

I guess its the mileage putting people off.

I would sell all the extras separate and PX , private sell or webuyanybike the standard bike.

I think you would probably get more that way too.

Good luck either way its a stunning bike which I m sure you have enjoyed.

16. Still tempted but funds short as need to flog the trumpet in parts.

17. happy to discuss a payment plan Bradders?

• Like Like x 1
  18. A bag of Wotsits a week for two years?

• Funny Funny x 2
    • Face Palm Face Palm x 1
  19. I could manage that :upyeah:

20. Is this still for sale ?

Thread Status:
Not open for further replies.
Do Not Sell My Personal Information