1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Monster S4 Electrical Issues

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by parrott, Jun 13, 2020.

1. Alrighty, just picked up my first bike! A new-to-me 2002 Ducati Monster S4.
    Was sitting for a while, went over to dude's house today with a new battery. We installed the battery and it still wouldn't start. Went over the spark plugs, etc, kept the battery hooked to a charger during this time as well. The bike was poof poofing little bits of exhaust as it attempted to turn over.
    Finally after some more trying to turn it over, it started! We figured everything was a little dusty and she just needed a nice turn over to warm it up. We test rode it around a little bit and after 4 or 5 starts/stops it would start on first try every time. Shifted through some gears and everything seemed pretty well in shape for an 18 year old bike.

So he trucked it over to my house - i parked it in my garage and he left.
    Went go turn it on and it took a few tries to get her started again, accidentally stalled it out without driving and now she won't turn back on. This time though, i just here an electrical clicking sound and the engine is NOT trying to turn over. A check oil light turned on (?) and all I hear is a sad dead battery clicking sound :(

Theories are: Battery not giving enough juice to start her? Will try to roll start it tomorrow to see how she does. Maybe some shoddy/old wiring somewhere, or the solenoid?

Guess I'll check it over this weekend with a multimeter.

Anyone got a easy fix? LOL

Do Not Sell My Personal Information