1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Ducati Multistrada 1260 V4 !! 190hp

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by victit, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Yep, my tapeworm told me. He knows things.

2. Only 9 more months till we get to see the real thing...if the C-virus hasn't killed everyone!!!

3. I'd be surprised if this is the 1260. 19" front wheel, no single swingarm ...

4. maybe 2 versions?

5. Maybe the Enduro ...

• Like Like x 1

6. Just food for thought

• Like Like x 2
  7. enduro without spoke wheels?
    i think its possible that this is a standar-cheaper version.

8. Dual sided swingarm too.

9. Probably the 950 base chassis...

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. New screen the rest of the gadgets don’t matter ...,

11. Looks comfy.

Nice long wheelbase hopefully to tame the 200 horses :p

Make it so Claudio.

#234 mwhite5471, Mar 14, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
    • Like Like x 1
  12. It’s an interesting picture. It certainly appears to be the V4 engine, but I don’t get the 19" front wheel, the swing arm or the trellis subframe.

I’m assuming this is an early mule test bike, checking things like wheelbase. The swing arm and the cover in the middle section might be some sort of adjuster. Who knows?

I’m assuming the front wheel is geared towards the Enduro version, albeit cast that would change to spokes on the production version.

Interesting stuff.

#235 gc6269, Mar 14, 2020
    Last edited: Mar 14, 2020
  13. Presumably the V4 Multistrada will eventually be offered in ordinary, "S", and Enduro versions, so the factory must be testing prototypes for each variant.

Except that just at the moment the factory is closed down, so probably not right now ...

• Agree Agree x 1
  14. its one mula

15. Narrower tires, trellis rear frame and looks small. Even the front suspension has limited travel ( compared to a 1260)
    950 type rear suspension.
    Perhaps this isn’t a 1260 replacement, it might be a 950 v4 :astonished:

16. I believe they might be going for the long range ballistic tourier...just what my doctor ordered :cool:

17. FB_IMG_1584265846493.jpg

At a guess that swing arm is so they can play around with the pivot point of the shock on the swing arm?

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information