1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Ducati Multistrada 1260 V4 !! 190hp

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by victit, Jul 9, 2019.

1. In an environment where most cars do not have adaptive cruise control, the car with it, IMO, becomes a safety hazard as the sometimes quite rapid slowing appears totally random to the chuffing idiot 6' off the back of your bumper. I am very careful where I use the adaptive cruise control on my Seat because whilst in a bend on a dual carriageway or motorway, it sees the lorry you are overtaking as directly in your path and it applies the brakes hard. If the systems on a bike are as sensitive to vehicles you are driving past, as far as I'm concerned, you can keep it. Andy

#302 Android853sp, Jun 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 4
    • Like Like x 1
  2. i think acc is really helpful at certain circumstances.for example,your cruising on the motorway in a large group of motorcycles.the leader set the traveling speed and all the others ride in a very relaxed way for all the boring miles.and there is an other great advantage of that.it is possible when you are bored on the long motorway miles to be distracted by something around you,so if the front rider brakes,an accident could happen,especially in large groups.with acc this kind of accidents wont happen again.

#303 peterTHErider, Jun 30, 2020
    Last edited: Jun 30, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. hmmmm....no...

Ducati_Multistrada_V4_004_MotorradmagazinAT.jpg

Ducati_Multistrada_V4_001_MotorradmagazinAT.jpg

Ducati_Multistrada_V4_008_MotorradmagazinAT.jpg

• Agree Agree x 2
  4. 170+hp on 19i wheel and on-off tyres...epic fail...

• Agree Agree x 1
    • Disagree Disagree x 1
  5. I hope the Production Version has the SSSA.. 17" wheels and in Red....

Belly Pan and Centre Stand are a mess too...

6. I’m hoping it will be like the current Panigale range, ie V2 and V4, I think I’d stump for the V2?

7. i see that amost all ducati lovers are very disapointed with this prototype.

8. This is a translation of that magazine article...

Since the introduction of the water-cooled Multistrada 1200 in 2010, Ducati's sporty adventure bike has been one of the most popular models in its class and probably the most important model for the Italians because it is the most profitable. In the course of the last few years, the range in the more medium-performance segment has been expanded further with the enduro models for offroad-savvy customers and the Multistrada 950 and now the new flagship of the series will follow at the end of 2020: the Multistrada V4.

As the name suggests, it uses the 1100 cc V4 engine from the sister models Panigale V4 and Streetfighter V4 with a cylinder angle of 90 degrees. Unlike in these models, the engine in the Multistrada V4 is designed not so much for peak performance, but rather for torque, but it should still pull a strong 180 HP on the chain. The engine is also a fully load-bearing component of the chassis and is fixed directly to an aluminium main frame, which, is redesigned for use in the new model as is the rear subframe. Similar to the Enduro models, the swing arm is designed with two arms and the rear suspension is directly linked.

In terms of design, Ducati remains true to itself and incorporates the design principles that have already made the V2-powered Multistrada models successful. Contrary to what was initially expected, the V2 models will remain in the range, adapted to the latest Euro 5 emission standards, and the Multistrada V4 will be added to the range as an additional model at the upper end of the price range.

To justify this positioning, in addition to the new motor concept, it is equipped with all kinds of electronic subtleties, such as upgraded TFT instruments with extended connectivity solutions and the latest generation of assistance systems. The highlight will probably be the Bosch radar system, which on the one hand acts as a collision warning system, but also allows automated distance control and, like Ducati, will also be introduced by KTM in the revised 1290 Super Adventure and by BMW in the R 18 excavator and a heavily revised K 1600 GT. The large Multistrada is probably not a cheap pleasure and more expensive than its main competitor BMW S 1000 XR, but thanks to the unique engine concept in this class, it should not have any problems in reaching a sufficiently large number of solvent customers.

#310 SteveE, Jul 3, 2020
    Last edited: Jul 3, 2020
  9. That looks like the finished article to me.

It was always going to have to be different from the V2 version and in those photos at least it looks quite svelte compared to the 1260. I would imagine weight was an issue when desiging a V4 version, the V2 is already heavy.

I quite like it but its going to be outside my price range.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. Just love the translation, thank you. Had to smile at the “BMW R18 excavator” and “a sufficiently large number of solvent customers”. Biggest issue I see given the early problems with the V4, is cooling. The pictures of the test mule seem to show huge openings for the air flow through the radiator. Andy

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  11. I am told the V4 engine runs hot in the Pani and the Streetfighter, not a problem on fast roads / track but would be a possible problem on a touring bike in hot weather. My dealer said they always know when a V4 rides in as the fans are still running 5 minutes after it is switched off!

• Like Like x 1
  12. yes,we all know that.thats why for 2020 models the cylinders under riders seat turn off when the bike is not moving.and with new bodwork the problem is really decreased.and dont forget that the engine on this bikes is really pushed to the limit.less power means less heat.in theory always.

• Like Like x 1
  13. The more I look at those photos the more this looks like an additional bike to the range. It even looks like its running a 180 or less rear tyre. Perhaps this is based more towards the off-road capability..... Even the indicators on the front have been moved into the fairing which allows for the fragile hand guards to be replaced with more substantial options.

14. Could you explain the bit about the 2020 models switching off the cylinder and the changes to bodywork? You mean V4 and if so which model?

15. All years of the V4 have the rear cylinder cut at tickover. It was one of the many recalls on the original version. Fair shout about the revised body work though. Andy

16. Two Pani V4s I know of the fan is switched off with the ignition. Maybe your dealer forgot to turn off the bikes. Nothing can be gained by having a fan running on an engine that doesn't have a running water pump

• Like Like x 1
  17. i am talking about panigale v4s.which for 2020 have the fairings of v4r with much better airflow.about the cylinders,the 2 undrer the seat turn off(like audi cars) when the bike isnt moving so it doesnt burn your testicles.you can easily find information online about it.

18. I can’t get by head round this bike. 19(?)" front wheel? Narrow rear wheel? Double sided swing arm?

None of it makes sense.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information