1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Ducati Multistrada 1260 V4 !! 190hp

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by victit, Jul 9, 2019.

1. who wouldnt love a streetfigher gt?(with the same approach like super duke gt)with small-medium fairings,side panniers and the ability to have the wife together without complaining!and a small engine retune for more mid power!!!
    i believe that this could be a really great bike.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  2. Too many bikes in a range means they don't make any money on any of them.

I have been told the V4 Multi will come in one version and the buyer then specs it up as they wish via various packs - touring, sports, etc. The bike is built in the factory to the order.

3. yes,but its better to have a model in every category and dont leave the competitors free to play.
    so,with 1260s out of the range what will ducati have to compete to 1000xr and sd gt?none?i dont believe so...
    and yes,maybe you spec the bike as you want like bmw but that means 3-4 months of waiting.
    so the dealer will probably order for there shops to have available full spec bikes with almost every pack.and very expensive!so you leave the store with a bike or you wait a lot for your bike.
    like car market.

4. Would that include springs suited to me, my riding style & planned usage? : unamused:

5. This is exactly what my Ducati dealer told me, also.

6. the big queastion for me is if the pikes peak will be with electronic suspenion or not.if yes ill buy it day one!

7. Only going by the info given by a respected dealer but you can have with standard suspension or spec it with the semi active if you wish.

8. Only going by the information given to me but yes bikes will be built to order is what i have heard.

• Agree Agree x 1
  9. Just to put the cat amongst the pigeons.....

there may be no pikes peak version as all motorcycles are currently banned from competing. Not much point bringing out a new version. :scream:

10. yes ofcourse,but when i say pikes peak i am referring to a top sport version in general.it might be called "R".but thats how i say it so we all understand!:p:p

11. does anyone know when the world presentation will happen???

12. October 23rd last year so probably similar

13. yes but this year with no eicma and no 1260 to sell isnt it possible to take place earlier?

#413 peterTHErider, Aug 29, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 29, 2020
  14. On the subject of spec, does anyone buy a non S Multistrada anyway? A quick look on autotrader would suggest not many. Lots of new dealer stock but the vast majority of used stock is S or enduro spec bikes so maybe Ducati are questioning the need to make one and if someone wants a cheaper Multi then they’ll have the 950 to choose from?

#414 Ackers, Aug 29, 2020
    Last edited: Aug 30, 2020
  15. Yes, a number of guys I ride with have non S versions, and have done from the first 1200.
    They aren't interested in the active suspension, but do want the performance of the 1200.

16. I wouldnt buy electric suspension again after the failures I had with my 2010MTS. The engine was mint, but the sussies were a PITA.

17. you had failures with the first electric suspsension and 4 gens and 10 years later you believe its the same as the one you tried?really???:thinkingface::rolleyes::rolleyes:

18. I would rather have a version without electronic suspension also, my 2010 version was impossible to dial in even after re-builds.repeated attempts with spring changes too. The electronics still cannot match better built units. Even my BMW GS suspension is not that great!!

19. No, it will obviously have developed, though not necessarily in the reliability stakes.
    Once I have found the settings I want, I don't need to have unnecessary electronics pack up and spoil my day.
    Manual would be my choice every day of the week, and I don't need the constantly adapting active stuff to make
    my riding any more enjoyable. Ultimately, all it would do for me is make me look at replacing the bike as the warranty period ends,
    due to the huge costs for replacement hanging over my head in the future.
    Call me a bit of a luddite, but I don't want all this blue tooth shite or phone holders etc on any bike of mine either.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  20. Can't agree with you there I'm afraid, I'd imagine there must have been people around saying, back in the day, that they had no faith in new fangled electric lights on bikes when there was perfectly reliable carbide lamps fitted ?
    But I do agree with you though, that if its fitted things should jolly well work.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information