1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Ducati Multistrada 1260 V4 !! 190hp

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by victit, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Yes - it does not -- was updated

2. the world launch for the dealers will take place only online on 2/11.todays information from a dealer.so then we will know everything.

about the bike...this is the first time we see the v4 with spoke wheels and offroad tyres.so this is probably the new enduro.we saw a lot of images with a standard v4 on 19’wheel and a year ago we saw another bike with 17’ wheel and a sssa.
    this looks like we will have 3 versions of the v4 multistrada.at least i hope so.i cant believe that ducati wont make a sporty multistrada.its like turning its back to their best selling bike and try to steal sales of the 1250gs.it will be a huge mistake to do because multistrada has been identified as the super sport of the big on-offs!and the buyers just dont wont another ‘big’ bike but a sports bike with touring and everyday usability!in my opinion ofcourse.
    sorry but if there is no 17’ wheel sport multistrada ill buy the 1000xr or the new 1290 sd gt.and i have 2 good friends that they will do the same.that makes me think that a lot of people might think the same!

am i wrong?

• Agree Agree x 3
  3. So this american doooude (hope you realise why l stated that) claims his sources... So basically when several models are announced l believe' he'll be chuffed he didn't state more concise affirmations.

4. Probably end up on KTM gts. Just had a test ride on the 2020 XR. Fast. Very. Motor bland as anything with sod all below 5k revs. GS feels like it has more instant punch...except when the motor is up in the revs. I think if you like twins, then another twin will be the only way forward.

5. I think Pete might be about right here.

6. Seems more and more that the information I was told is correct..

Basic bike and then you use individual accessory packs to make it what you want.

Ducati builds the bike to your spec.

I think if you want the fire breathing 200bhp motor then you have to buy a Streetfighter.

7. If the V4 isn’t a similar upgrade on The 1260PP spec wise, I’ll be looking a lot closer at the Streetfighter.

• Like Like x 1
  8. i wont get tirred saying that IF ducati makes the mistake and not make 17i wheel sporty multistrada will be a huge mistake!!
    that bike in the photo is exactly the same as the 1290 s with different lights!

• Agree Agree x 2
  9. I'd prefer a modular concept; indicators on handguards or side of bike like traditional stem designs. Et cetra...larger or extreme size fuel tank. Racing front brake discs or standard, yep all of that would ideally work for me.

Different size wheels would be good also, instead of just one set size of both front & back' Quickly revisiting my thoughts on this, two size frames might be needed for different size wheels sets. But still I'm cool with a singular basic bike & then change out stuff for individual choice.

#450 GunZenBomZ, Sep 12, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 12, 2020
  10. Hmm. I like the spoked wheels, as I do on my enduro.
    I don't see any mirrors in that picture, or front indicators.
    Judging by the way the guy is standing (foot angle) the bars are too low for proper stood up riding too.

This seems like its heading more like an adventure bike, but what I want is closer to the old ST, a true sports-tourer.
    If it has a small tank thats not ideal (maybe he just means smaller than the enduro). anything less than 20 litres and its useless to me.
    I guess I'm waiting until I see the proper press releases before I really decide.

• Agree Agree x 1
  11. What I’d really like is a Streetfighter S with a half decent fairing.

• Agree Agree x 3
    • Like Like x 1
  12. And just to carry on the pointless tat as standard, they are even fitting wings on this bike too. Really?

13. I took one out the other day. Fook me it's fast and the exhaust sounds awesome. It's far too nuts for me and at 3 figures you're clinging on. My dealer says the V4 multi is out next month with slightly different V4 engine arrangement. I'm looking forward to a go on one :)

Why the nuke? @peterTHErider ?

#454 Sprocker, Sep 20, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 26, 2020
    • Nuke Post Nuke Post x 1
    • Like Like x 1
  14. So despite what others on this forum are saying, this article claims that the 1260 twin will stay in the range. My local dealer is advertising its last 1260s as last opportunity to buy as it’s discontinued for 2021

I quote “
    With the arrival of the highly anticipated Multistrada V4 getting ever closer, 1260 sales have soared as L-twin fanatics snap them up while they can still get them.

[​IMG]

This means that supply is very much dwindling, and offers are even more scarce. However, our Ducati Brand Manager 'Mike' has arranged a special offer on our last remaining white Multistrada 1260S“

15. Or he wants to try and shift it so he is not left with old stock that he can not sell as everyone wants the new Carlos Fandangle one..

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  16. I had an interesting chat with my dealer recently, he is of the opinion that the engine will be a completely redeveloped V4, it will be of a longer stroke to enable it to produce low-end power, a standard model and an S version will be the first to introduced, both with a 19" front wheel and no single-sided swingarm, he also said he was of the belief that late on in 2021 a Peaks Pike will be launched with a single side swing arm and a 17" front wheel, my guess would be that the V4 street fighter engine will be in it too!!

17. This is true, the dealer I just bought from mentioned that stock is now VERY limited, especially for the GT version.

18. so ill buy the xr!if no 17i multi it will be huge mistake from ducati.multi is a sport bike with touring abilities.if they make it only with 19i wheel it will be another new model and no multi in my mind!

we see a multi with spoke wheels,off road tyres going off road for the press kit photos.so the character they want to sell is the adventure bike style.
    this is the multi we all loved?this is the ducati racing philosophy??

#460 peterTHErider, Sep 25, 2020
    Last edited: Sep 25, 2020
    • Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information