1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Ducati Multistrada 1260 V4 !! 190hp

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by victit, Jul 9, 2019.

1. who cares if it's only 170HP. If that's 170HP with massive torque from low down it will be a great bike, especially if more flexible than the current V2 engine. I have a 150HP Pani V2, and a 100HP Thruxton and honestly the thruxton is a lot quicker off the slow corners.

• Like Like x 1
  2. 170hp is more than enough to get you and the pillion of your choice, plus 3 panniers, to the top of the Stelvio :upyeah:

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  3. Not long to wait now. Question is, will they all have a 19” front, or will Ducati do a 17” version?! :D

4. the informations until now say that its going to be a 17”version probably as pikes peak.we will now 2-11...

5. My dealer reckoned the launch bikes will all be 19” with 17” coming later next year on the Pikes Peak.

• Agree Agree x 1
  6. i hope not...but its 3 weeks until final answers...well see...

7. My dealer told me the same thing as @RichT001 has said.
    The way the dealer was talking with all "the packs", it'll be way way north of £20k+. That and 19ins wheels is enough to stop me wanting one.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. And the lack of single sided swing arm. I read that the reveal is on the 15th, so not long to wait now, then all the speculating will be over!

• Useful Useful x 1
  9. I think the 15th is just the engine details and early November the full bike.

• Agree Agree x 1
  10. You’re right “The full unveiling of the new model will take place on Wednesday, November 4 but we’ll get all the details of the engine before that on Thursday, October 15.”

11. If their making the bike lighter, they have to go back to a proper swiniging arm. Personally I can't see the point of a SSSA on a road bike. My days of trying to look like a track hero have long gone. :sob:

12. 19” front wheel?!

13. My guess

They are trying to make a universal frame and engine platform

Then will do 2 versions based off that

Single sided swing arm - 17" wheels - forks to suit - maybe in Standard and Electronic - ROAD

Double sided swing arm - 19" wheels - forks and suspension to suit - maybe in Standard and Electronic - ENDURO

• Agree Agree x 2
  14. I much prefer the SSSA, as not only does it look so much better, it makes cleaning the bike loads easier.

As the 1260 was available with a 17" or 19" and a SSSA or DSSA on the Enduro, I'm keeping everything crossed that they'll offer the same on the V4.

15. My guess is:

Enduro/GT replacement- 19" FR and dual arm
    PP replacement*- 17" FR and SSSA, with an appropriately inflated price tag.

* where do I sign?

• Agree Agree x 1
  16. Sign me up for the PP in 2022!

17. for option 2 please sign me too.
    lets hope its going to be like this.

18. PP is definitely the only alternative for me if it’s the only one with a 17” front.
    Let’s hope as the top of the range model it doesn’t have the ridiculous new “follow me” cruise control. Basic cruise is fine, but my Ducati needs to overtake everything in front of it officer :p

19. By 2022 I'd hazard a guess you won't get much change from £30k if you add on a few accessories :eek:

20. Good job I’ve got a while to save!

• Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information