1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Ducati Multistrada 1260 V4 !! 190hp

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by victit, Jul 9, 2019.

1. and it has valve springs now...which isn't surprising for a few reasons... They are more compact, have developed a long way since the days of serious valve float, and mainly the fact the V4 won't rev anywhere near as hard as in the Panigale. Still it's a big shift for Ducati.

2. Strange torque curve info.
    The numbers say it makes less peak torque than the twin and that its peak is further up the rev range.

3. 1260 is 156 BHP at 9500 RPM and 130Nm Torque at 7500 rpm

V4 is 170 BHP at 10500 RPM and 125 Nm Torque at 8750 rpm

Streetfighter V4

is 208 BHP at 12750 and 123Nm Torque at 11500 rpm

4. The graph is speed - so lower geared than the 1260 so you can use 6th i guess

5. If they are using timing chain instead of belt, lets hope it is of better quality than the final drive chains we have seen!

6. They will be auto adjust and covered in oil (hopefully) so no rust... plus you cant see them :)

• Funny Funny x 1
  7. I really hope they dont make the fuel tank smaller as it makes all the 'long distance' claims a little silly.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  8. Valve springs! Non Desmo! Well, well.
    Ducati have not made a bike without desmo valves since 1980, and desmo has been the Unique Selling Proposition throughout that time.
    I cannot see this going down very well with enthusiasts. For non-enthusiasts it won't make any difference. Might just as well buy a Honda - so they probably will.

• Like Like x 1
  9. Hopefully with the granturisimo being 95mm shorter maybe a few more litres than the standard 20, I would be a happy bunny, together with smart cylinder shutdown for better economy.

10. Bye bye desmo. I can get over my nostalgia, I think. The motor specs sound (very) promising. Now let's see what the wheel size/suspension geometry will be...

11. All the Panigales have been using timing chains since the 1199 was released.

12. 60000km valve service!:astonished:

13. TBH I'm liking it more. Interested to see what they reveal next.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  14. It says 170 bhp on their advert ... so two more pots and a LOT more wonga for a 10 bhp gain ? ...nah, not bothered thanks. I will stick with my DVT and single sided swingarm instead

• Like Like x 3
  15. But if the bike is significantly lighter and shorter...maybe that will be worthwhile.

16. You cannot compare the characteristics of two entirely different configuration engines just on bhp. If my experience of how the V4 Panigale delivers its drive, transfers to the new V4 Multistrada, it’ll be DVT chalk and V4 cheese. Andy

17. Yeah...it does sound like it could be a torque monster but it ain't 208 HP.

18. It won’t be significantly lighter. When’s that ever happened! All that radar shit will probably weigh 20kg’s!

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information