1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Ducati Multistrada 1260 V4 !! 190hp

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by victit, Jul 9, 2019.

1. As before, the World Premiere isn't at EICMA this year, so you will find out sooner ;)

It's not a radical concept. The 950 is not that far from the 1260 at all; I even rode one on track and thought it was the 1260 until it was pointed out that it wasn't!
    I've changed my opinion on the 950 and now I think it actually makes sense to drop the 1260 in favour of the V4 and 950.
    So I'm sticking to my opinion that the 1260 will be phased out just like the 1299 Panigale in favour of the V4 Panigale.

• Like Like x 1
  2. Your opinion of the 950 is in stark contradiction of owners who've posted on here saying it's as flat as a fart, and saying it's close to a 1260 performance is a joke

3. 113hp vs 158hp...73lb ft vs 95lb ft....think you need to ride a 1260 out of rain mode....

• Funny Funny x 1
  4. I test rode a 950 when mine was in for service. It’s a lovely bike, slow, but lovely all the same!

5. Dealers are taking deposits on the V4, Leeds have 16 so far!

6. Multi?? i have my deposit down on the V4 Streetfighter and am number 6 on local dealer list

7. My opinion is worth the same as everyone else's, so make of it what you will!

PH5_8999_resized.jpg

• Like Like x 1
  8. Really? :joy:

Multi1260s.JPG

9. My opinion is that you seem to be a quick rider that knows what he's doing.

It doesn't make the 950 any quicker in it's own right, probably quicker than my 1260 with you on it though!

Nice style!

10. That's what I was told. I'm holding my water though, despite being told it will be no heavier than the current bike, I'll wait to see it in the flesh.

Damn Ducati bringing out new bikes, I really like my 1260PP!

11. Thanks for your kind words.

Having ridden the MS1200 extensively, then the 1200DVT, then the 1260, I honestly thought that I was riding a 1260S round Modena at DRE the other week. It was only when someone pointed out that it was the 950 that I actually went back through the pictures and checked ... and they were right!

It's a very capable bike with enough power if used right; more power doesn't automatically make you quicker. That was my point. ;)

• Funny Funny x 1
  12. Well that’s the numbers. Maybe you have been blinded by the marketing machine on your trips ;)

• Like Like x 1
  13. Maybe Paul! Have you ridden a 950?

14. Nope. But ridden a 750 gixer and a 1000 and pretty similar in differences ;)

• Funny Funny x 2
  15. I have , I thought the lack of grunt was significant enough for me to not purchase one.
    And whilst the photos or you avoiding the apex are very nice , it is still a surprising statement to make that the difference between the 2 bikes was minimal.
    From my perspective the delta between the 2 machines is also the reason I bought another big multi :innocent:

16. SMC Ducati are also taking orders, not sure on the numbers they've taken though!

17. love my 1260PP too :) will be interesting to see the streetfighter V4S and how much they pitch it at. possibly going to be £8k more than the tuono and KTM.

18. Anyone can go fast in a straight line :p
    I'm also happy to be corrected about exactly where the apex is on that particular corner? Maybe you can draw me a diagram and I will feed it back to DRE :D

19. You should try one at least. Obviously it doesn't have the top-end whack like the 1260 but for everyday use, and certainly ragging it round a track, it feels like there's very little difference.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information