1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

1260 Ducati Multistrada 1260 V4 !! 190hp

Discussion in 'Multistrada' started by victit, Jul 9, 2019.

1. Fuck no! They aren't selling enough Diavels as it is, so no point adding another one into the range that won't sell :D

2. Whilst they’ve confirmed a launch, as far as I can tell, they haven’t said of what.

I still get the feeling the Multi will be a 2021 model.

• Agree Agree x 1
  3. i have the same feeling but i hope i am wrong...
    last year they had new hyper,new diavel,1260 enduro,new scramblers,new panigale v4r and new multi 950s and monster 821 stealth!a lot of new models!
    and this year they organize a launch only for themselves to saw only the new streetfighter??it sounds very cheap...have you heard something about other models?

4. Ducati LEEDS told me they thought it would be a 2021 model but TBH I’m starting to doubt my own post!

Bennetts site is quoting new Multi this year as well as a few others. I’d be surprised, I believe the 1260 still has another year in it and the Streetfighter is a cert, so why take attention from that with two new V4 models.

I’ve no idea, same as everyone else, pure speculation!!!

5. If the V4 Multi (as seen in the video and if it's not a deepfake one) is going to replace the 1260 then it should be a 2021 model. If it's going to complement the line as a top choice it may well be a 2020 one. Just my guess.

#125 tzoykas, Aug 1, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 1, 2019
  6. I guess it will be added to the line up - not a replacement - maybe replace the D Air Version or PP Version?

7. who knows but it looks like a new monster to me under those teaser wraps

8. under the cover is a monster 1200 anniversario for sure!the wheels,the size and the exsaust shape fits perfect!

9. but seems high on back - almost like a rack carrier plate for a top box.

• Like Like x 1
  10. Theres a picture of it in this weeks MCN , according to them it will be a late 20/21 bike which makes more sense.
    Not sure about the radar though ??

11. Prior to Carlin Dunne's crash at Pikes Peak, I was sure the Multistrada PP would be replaced with a Streefighter PP.
    Now i'm not sure.

12. Belt is only half way there. A modern shaft drive is what we need.

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Disagree Disagree x 2
  13. What would it take for a belt to go all the way? 100K km not enough?
    Since the Enduro has replaced (in my eyes) the "Enduro" mode in the Multi, no need for the (alleged) robustness of the shaft drive. Belts nowadays can easily tackle the once every 5K km dirt road to the beach ...
    I've heard many more horror stories from shaft drive equipped bikes rather than belt equipped ones.

14. From what I can remember, belts are a very inefficient way of transferring power to the back wheel.

Probably why they use them on Harleys......

Ducati spends millions developing a 200bhp V4 and then lose 20% of the power through a rubber belt. As much as I hate chain maintenance, I can’t see Ducati changing anything soon.

• Funny Funny x 1
  15. I do agree that they are not nearly as efficient as chains but their efficiency has also improved. I believe it's now close to the efficiency of shafts. Otherwise it would be as you said a waste of money. They have equipped the XDiavel with one .... are they wasting money there?

#137 tzoykas, Aug 5, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
  16. I didn’t think a shaft would be more efficient than a belt ?

17. 1250 GS runs shaft, and when tested seems to come out at 126/127, down from 135 at the crank. Think DVT is 160 and dyno 135-138

So shaft seems more efficient ;) lol

18. #140 fatbob99, Aug 5, 2019
    Last edited: Aug 5, 2019
Do Not Sell My Personal Information