1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Oem Crush Washer For Drain Plug

Discussion in 'Hypermotard' started by jose, Jan 23, 2019.

1. Anyone know where to get these crush washers as well as the crush washer for the screen filter online for Hypermotard 939?

Not close to a dealer and just want to order extra ones.

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Sorry just realised where you are.......

3. Very cool. Got one on my z1000 as well, only reason ive not got one on my rsv4 is that the aprilias sump bolt is recessed. The only argument against them is that the bore is smaller (as the mechanism takes up some of the bore) meaning if you did have larger debris in there it wouldnt get out...but if youve got debris in there (bits of engine)...then its probably too late...! Personally id rather have these as they save on crush washers, save cross threading, and dont wear the thread out...

4. standard torque setting for your regular sump bolt.

5. This will be so much cleaner and easier to use

6. yip - plus (might sound a bit weird) but i tend to change the oil more often as the whole (will i fuck up the sump) for whatever reason has been removed.

7. I'm a believer in changing it every 3000 miles no matter what.

8. Doing the zed next week (but the whole sump is coming out to be cerakoted) so bit of an exception there....

9. Only thing I don't like is that the stahlbus is not magnetic.

10. Incase I still decide to use the standard plug, anyone know where I can get both crush washers?

11. Looks good. I won’t miss hot engine oil on my hands :scream:

12. That looks rather brilliant. What size is needed on a hyper 796? This would also be very useful on a twin Pani which ejects it's oko all over it's pipes normally! Anyone happen to know the size for thist?

Cheers

13. The only real way is to take your drain plug out.....put a load of rags between the bike and a wall, lean it right over and take the bolt out to measure the thread and diameter...as i say the only restriction you may come across is if the bolt is recessed...

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information