1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati On Off Button Not Working

Discussion in 'Technical Help' started by Barry Bennett, Sep 21, 2021.

Tags:
  1. If I have my key fob and press the recovery button the bike Turns on without the need for the pin code, so it must read the transponder because if I remove the key fob it asks for a pin code.

• Like Like x 1
    • Useful Useful x 1
  2. Hmmm then this leads me to think the transponder in the key fob is different from that of the passive key?? As my passive key will not allow me to turn my bike on.

• Like Like x 1
  3. Oh I see, interesting, I haven't tried that.

4. The plot thickens... o_O If the bike is seeing the presence of the fob key then it sounds like the antenna is working OK. Faulty button on switchgear or associated wiring?

IIRC the key update was just the shell of the fob (was on my 2018 1260s), they moved the blade and innards over. So no reprogramming of the ECU to accept a new key otherwise I'd suspect that the maybe the passive key was somehow deregistered at that point.

5. I spoke with Ducati and as they tried to reprogram a new key I has deleted the passive key this is why it’s not working, I have to send both keys down with the bike next week.

• Like Like x 3
Do Not Sell My Personal Information