1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Opening In Nottingham

Discussion in 'Ducati General Discussion' started by tricolore, Dec 10, 2014.

1. Sales should be open perhaps - parts and service deffo not ;)

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  2. QUOTE="leigh, post: 597400, member: 28691"]Interesting how short sighted some people are. I think the last 3 bikes that I have bought have been the result of Sunday outings - going for a buzz out with friends, stopping at a bike shop (yes for a coffee and a chat) and looking around the bikes on show. Would be interesting to know how many sales this generates.
    Each to their own though hay :)[/QUOTE]

Yes,it is each to their own,and I think that the percentage of people who actually bought/picked up a bike on a Sunday would be a lot less than any other day in the week,as I have already mentioned........ people's work such as shifts and rotas these days :) it's not really a matter of being short-sighted!!! (although I am actually short-sighted :Watching:) :D
    Hate to think anyone has taken offence! :Facepalm: But I'm on the side of Ducati Nottingham......but knowing Dave he'll be itching to open on a Sunday!:Muted:

#62 JenC, Jun 29, 2015
    Last edited: Jun 29, 2015
  3. Heard about this when talking to the gent who sold me my Hondas when they had a dealership there. He mentioned that they were opening a Ducati dealership at the (now ex) Rodin Hood Harley. I was looking for a Scrambler and had indifferent experiences at Manchester, Sheffield and Lincoln. Upshot was I gave him a forward order and deposit for a Full Throttle for delivery when they open. I live near Matlock so this is local for me!

• Like Like x 1
  4. Excellent,I believe they're scheduled for opening January 2016,and thanks to Mr. Dave Munt ....if it's run as well as he runs the Triumph and BMW shops,it will be a great shop for Ducati owners in that area :):upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  5. I started biking four years ago at 59. I had such a good experience with Pidcocks and Mick, who was Service Manager at the time and Curtiss, who I still deal with and will be going to the new franchise. Just shows how good service works!

• Like Like x 1
  6. I worked in the Triumph dealership for a while as service manager after Ben left,I think he was taken on after Mick left.
    Curtis is a truly nice guy,he'll do well in the new shop as he's a great salesman,never in your face like some can be.:upyeah:

• Like Like x 1
  7. Hi all we have a couple of things to finalise regarding Ducati Nottingham, however due to the condition of the building we will not be able to open until January 2016, as this is a premium franchise the building needs to be perfect.

• Like Like x 3
    • Agree Agree x 1
  8. hi all just came on here to find out why ducati had not started to move into the old harley shop and found that it has been postponed til jan 2016 this for us and other residents is great news as we are enjoying the peace and quiet.the main problem we all had was the harley garage was 7 days a week with sundays being pretend hells angel meetings and lots of noise so i and other residents are quite happy to have ducati 6 days a week but as with previous messages PLEASE dont open on a sunday give us a day off

9. Did you read the above posts - especially page 3. Looks like you didn't? :smile: If it was my shop it would be open on a Sunday and I'm beginning to hope they change their mind following your note as your beginning to show your true colours I think :D

• Agree Agree x 2
  10. I really sympathise with your concerns. It must be very unpleasant with the noise. May I suggest as an alternative that you may consider working harder, earning more money and moving to a different location. Making sure its not near a race track, air field or shops.

• Agree Agree x 2
  11. Or.... get all the street residents to have a whip round and get a street built in the middle of abso-bloody-lutely nowhere,
    then everyone's happy:Mooning::upyeah:

12. I'm sure any building work required will piss the bee in a bonnet residents off as well. Still, shouldn't be any worse than the utter shambles the tram network extension has been making in the general area for the last few aeons.

• Agree Agree x 1
  13. many thanks for all your suggestions initally i came here just to voice concerns and get the general feedback from ducati vs harley riders.we were just thinking that ducati owners were very different to harley owners due to the earlier messages after the last few messages it appears not so more people reving their engines and parking with no consideration for others exactly like harley riders but with a different bike

14. @queens road resident - may I suggest that if you and your neighbours have an issue with what you "think" might happen that you bring it up with your local council and the dealership themselves. Or perhaps you'd like to wait and see what actually happens.

Ps. Looking at Google Earth it looks like the area you talk about is fairly "commercial/industrial". In an effort to be balanced will you be bringing up the issue of truck/wagons trundling up and down the road with the Road Haulage Association too?

#74 El Toro, Aug 13, 2015
    Last edited: Aug 13, 2015
    • Agree Agree x 3
  15. I can assure you it is you that is in the wrong with your attitude and no one on this Forum :smile:

• Agree Agree x 2
  16. The shop is on and adjacent to a very busy main road, it is not an otherwise ethereally peaceful location where the bird song is brutally interrupted by the sound of a v-twin.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  17. Drove past today, large Ducati signs have appeared in the windows with "coming soon" next to them! So things are definitely moving!

• Like Like x 1
  18. I live next to a disused airfield used for track days

Its great - track days stop at 6pm and its dead quiet in the evenings

On weekends you occassionally hear engines working - no great problem and if it is you turn the stereo up a notch or two

Suggest this queens road resident gets a dose of reality - a Ducati shop closes about 6 pm and every thing goes quiet

• Agree Agree x 2
    • Like Like x 1
  19. Just joined this forum and I read this!!!
    I live in Beeston so will using the new shop regularly as I build my early 900 Monster up.
    Wonder if there will be any Saturday jobs going as I need to fund the build somehow...

• Like Like x 1
  20. Quick update guys and we will be doing more over the next weeks, work has commenced at the site and we are aiming for a February opening ready for the season, we are tying to secure a massive name to open the site and will keep you all updated, as with all things Italian we are waiting on shop fittings coming from Italy (which can be slow), signage will be going up in the next few weeks, we will be doing regular updates on our facebook page please like and share for more information. Ducati Nottingham
    Thanks for your patience
    Dave Munt
    Head of business

Do Not Sell My Personal Information