1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Owners Club Gb

Discussion in 'Lounge' started by Robarano, Dec 21, 2018.

1. Worth joining or not? :thinkingface: TBH I have never thought of joining before until I saw it mentioned a few times on the Henry Cole Ducati special. After looking at the website, I'm struggling to justify it in my mind.

To members on here, is it worth the subscription? :eyes:

https://www.docgb.org/

2. The forum looks dead, think there's many members on here, DOC members I mean :eyes:

3. Yep, I thought that. The main page has threads close to the top which are weeks old. :skull:

4. Depends what you want from it. You won’t get much discounts, they do seem reasonably active for monthly regional meets, not sure if they still do the annual event thing.

Mag everything quarter, occasional key ring

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  5. For £25 you get free T shirts, pins/badges and a monthly magazine.

By telling insurers you are a member of DOC you’ll recover your £25 (and more) in a discount on your insurance. :)

• Useful Useful x 2
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  6. I had a look at the DOCWA club as one of it's members "advertised" on my FB Group. 34 pages of rules. Need sponsorship of an existing member to be considered for membership. Can't Join their FB Group unless you have a paid up DOCWA membership.

So I checked their Annual Report (FFS) and they have 75 members for a non-model specific club. Less than my FB 848/1098/1198 Owners Group!

No thank you. To many formalities for my liking plus $90AUD for very little.

7. Sounds like they are up their own arses. It’s not like that in the UK.

• Agree Agree x 1
  8. I see DOCGB only has 14 pages so you're ahead there :rolleyes:

9. Yeah, they leave that to us on here. :bomb: :eyes:

:D

• Funny Funny x 1
  10. Iv'e seen more traffic at my Kebab shop after pubs close on a Friday night.
    Not for me

11. Aye, :innocent:

• Agree Agree x 1
  12. Like all clubs they can only be what the members make it.
    There are many branches up and down the country, some more active than others. Just about everyone in the Henry Cole programme are club members which to be honest probably wouldn't have happened without them.
    For my sins I run the East Yorks branch and we welcome club members and also those that are not equally. Its about the bikes after all!!
    The club has many events throughout the year, I guess its whether they are of interest to you as to whether you would take part.
    Most of the contact/debate/interaction is now on facebook rather than the forum which is again open to non members. The reason being that if you like what you see and want to be involved in events you may join us? Who knows??
    If you already meet up with a group of mates who are all Ducati fans I guess you are already in a club of sorts, it's just that being a member of DOC GB has an official status that attracts insurance reduction and discounts as stated above as well as invites to events such as WSBK, MCN show to participate in. Example of this will be 2019 WSBK celebration of 25 years of the 916 by the club.

Well that's my take on it, I guess ya pays ya money and takes ya choice!!
    Anyway, Buon Natale to you all, stay safe, maybe see some of you in the New Year :)

• Like Like x 8
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  13. I've been a member a couple of times. Joined, let membership lapse, re joined, let membership lapse.

Not a member now, i were in the lancs one, nothing much ever going on. Nothing organised at branch level.

Never had much incentive to renew membership. Monthly mag is ok.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. When were you a member? The Manchester/Lancashire one is headed up by the president of DOCGB and from what I see it’s very active.

15. Lancs is pretty active as a branch.
    As I stated earlier a club is what the members make it!
    If you turn up expecting it all done for you don't be surprised if nothing happens!!
    We've all organised ride outs etc but still amazes me when someone turns up expecting me to be their entertainment officer!!!!

16. Amen to that. Sounds like here...

• Like Like x 1
  17. It's been a few years now.

Martin (the president) ran the Manchester branch, his wife ran the lancs branch.

It may have improved but when i were a member i found not much going on and lancs meets poorly attended.

18. It's true that the club forum/website is dead; folk mainly go on here.

But the DOCGB club is active and useful, the magazine is pretty good, many members are helpful, there are various events (rallies and things) during the year, and some of the local sections have regular well-attended meetings. £25 is not likely to break the bank.

If you like going to things on your bike and meeting people (and have the time/inclination), join the club. If you don't or haven't, then maybe it's hardly worthwhile.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information