1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Panigale Track Noise Levels Thread

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Monners, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Went to Donny yesterday and my 1299 Panigale with Akrapovic race cans, on a 98dB driveby limit trackday:

I started the day without my baffles, and got black flagged on the 2nd session - 102.6 dB (driveby)
    I put my baffles in and didn't have any problems for the rest of the day.

• Like Like x 1
    • Thanks Thanks x 1
  2. As long as you have the standard cans you should be ok as they will give you a pass on the static tests. They will not let you on track at all with Termis/Akros.

• Like Like x 1
    • Agree Agree x 1
  3. Just reading through the list from Snetterton, I really think Manufacturers are just going to have to step up to the plate and make these bikes a bit quieter if people want to continue to ride on UK tracks (and some in Europe like SPA).

We can all bitch and moan all we like about local residents who should do one and go buy a house somewhere else etc, but it isn't going to change the reality that more and more tracks are clamping down. It wound me up that my 899 was on the limit at Cadwell with baffles in the Termi's. They told me it's quieter than the standard cans which are the noisiest of the 1199/899 series due to the short stroke engine, but that had I have failed with the Termi's they wouldn't have let me out, where as with Stock cans they could have done.

The thing is with so many different opinions and 'home' tests being done even with good kit, we aren't going to change the fact that on the day, when you start the bike up and roll over to be tested, more and more people are going to be getting turned away if the manufacturers don't do something.

4. It's a major issue for me that could be the deciding factor on what I buy next since I dont ride on the road very much. If I could find another bike that excites me like a Ducati does but is quieter then I would probably choose the quieter bike to avoid the hassle. Fortunately I havn't found anything!

5. I must remember to test the 1299 with its pipeworx baffles in this weekend and post the results.

• Like Like x 1
  6. Measured with Pipeworx baffles = 97dB at ticker, 105/106dB at 5k revs. That's a 50/50 and dependant on guy on day.

I'd like a set of the oem baffles that came with the ti akra. Didnt get those with bike. So if anyone has any they don't want?...

• Like Like x 1
  7. V4 at Oulton today....96db according to Mr noise tester...

• Funny Funny x 1
  8. Brands yesterday my standard 1299 was 103db at 5k. Let out and didn’t trip the ride by.

9. Mettet, Belgium (funny little track - entertaining but not ideal for the 1199).

1199 with Termi cans. Black flagged in first and second sessions of first day (!) - drive by testing was 108db first, then 104db second with the baffles in. Thereafter it was a question of running down the opposite side of the straight from the sound testing guy, short shifting at 8 and 3/4 throttle.

All a bit of a pain, but all the Panis had the same issue and my mate also on his RSV with full Akra. To be fair, they were quite reason and suggested the way to get through the testing. Last session of the weekend was obviously no holds barred!

10. Mettet, Belgium (funny little track - entertaining but not ideal for the 1199).

1199 with Termi cans. Black flagged in first and second sessions of first day (!) - drive by testing was 108db first, then 104db second with the baffles in. Thereafter it was a question of running down the opposite side of the straight from the sound testing guy, short shifting at 8 and 3/4 throttle.

All a bit of a pain, but all the Panis had the same issue and my mate also on his RSV with full Akra. To be fair, they were quite reason and suggested the way to get through the testing. Last session of the weekend was obviously no holds barred!

• Like Like x 1
  11. Riiiiiiiiigggght! Did he give you his phone number with that?!

12. Wasn’t my bike but I was curious to know if it was a struggle to pass noise test and the bloke said it was 96db...

13. Not a chance at that level mate. More likely to have registered 106. The general consensus seems to be 103-105dB on the static tests. Worth bearing in mind all these V4 are brand new so the exhaust wadding will be more effective than in a few years time.

14. Great post! Well done chap.

• Like Like x 2
  15. All good at Brands Hatch two weeks ago with Hypemoto 1299 and Panigale Termignoni Force Full Exhaust System fitted, it was reading 101db static. 20180703_094209_resized.jpg

• Like Like x 3
  16. Placement of the cans obviously does make a big difference - I don't think you'd ever get that static reading with the belly cans.

Bike looks great.

17. WTF??! How did you manage that, a huge bribe to the noise tester??! Did you have baffles fitted?

18. It's my customer's bike (i've sold him the exhaust), he did have the baffles in but i was told that he was checked at Silverstone and was reading 102db without the baffles, so he said it should be less then 101db at brands hatch as he had baffles in.

19. Did it get noise tested at Brands or did he manage to get a pass through and do you have any idea which group he is running in? Genuinely interested as I'd pretty much given up on bothering trying to get the Pani onto Brands. They will give you a static pass as it's a Pani (with standard exhausts) but if you are running fast group pace then it fails the drive by, usually ok in the lower groups.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information