1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Panigale Track Noise Levels Thread

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Monners, Jun 15, 2016.

1. I just tested at 106db static on a 1299 @5500rpm on standard cans

It’s 91db ride by on the meters. I am not optimistic

2. I've got 105db on full akra system with db killers in at brands hatch, 106db with std cans it's a bit to much i guess.

• Like Like x 1
    • Funny Funny x 1
  3. In the end - no problemo!

4. Is there any data on the 959's running the underbelly Akrapovic?

There's a couple for sale and for obvious reasons I'd prefer underbelly exhuasts, but the requirements of the purchase would mean I'd want to take it on track :(

1299 'stock' exhausts are like rocking horse shit and so if neither of these 959's with akras fitted will allow me fairly trouble free track days (donington, cadwell, Oulton etc) am I best just getting a 899 and try to upgrade it?

5. FWIW I'm running the Termignoni Uscite on my V4S. And I'm 90% certain it won't pass a 105db test. It's a pretty loud system. Whenever I did Cadwell on my 1098R or 999R (no baffles) I'd sneak in at around 103-104 and sometimes bang on 105. That said, I got the 1098R passed at Croft a couple of times at 103 I think. The V4 is noticeably louder though.

For the UK as far as I can work out, I'm restricted to Donington (noisy) days. Which suits me fine tbh because I mainly stick to sunny Euro gigs.

6. This is my question, j have the option of doing CSS Ladies day at Brands next week, but have the quandary that either my lowered 959 with underbelly Akras won't pass the 102db test, or rent one of their 959s that are too tall for me :(

7. I've struggled to find much info on the answer unfortunately.

Don't want a 959 with side exhaust if I can help it, although having said that even if I leave the cat in place and fit a aftermarket slip-on such as the SC project judging by the reports of various tracks wouldn't they still class that as non stock?

Wonder what db a 959 with single slip on puts out

8. 1299 stock exhaust 106.8 dB static

No problems on ride by at Brands Hatch

9. Silverstone GP on Monday with a standard V4S. No static test, so did not get a figure, but no issues it would appear on the circuit. Those on the pit wall reported it didn't sound that loud.

10. Little bump on this question just in case anyone knows whether an underbelly akrapovic would be ok on UK tracks?

11. Does anyone have the part number for the termignoni db killers? As I can't for the life of my find it online...

12. Magny Cours recently. Stated 102db drive by limit, but we had the wink at the beginning to say that no-one was going to be very fussy. Sure enough, but my friend on his RSV rf and I on my 1199 termis had no issue running around without baffles.

• Like Like x 1
  13. I done Oulton Park today on a 1199, stock exhaust, bike warmed up & in wet mode etc it done 103db static which is a fail (102db at Oulton), but due to the MSV Panigale ruling I was allowed on track. they would black flag me if I pinged a drive by sensor. Ran in Novice group and it was fine all day, no black flags.

• Thanks Thanks x 1
  14. ‘17 1299 stock Panigale with 2000 miles on it. I’ve done Rockingham, Snetterton and Cadwell in last two months with no issues. Didn’t ask the reading at Rockingham but both Snetterton and Cadwell were 102db static, warmed engine in wet mode.

15. Are you saying the day was 102dB or you tested 102dB? If the latter I’m surprised, because the frame is stamped as 108dB and mine always tested as the same.

16. When I asked the testers at both Snetterton and Cadwell they said I was at 102db. Could the 108db be measured at a higher RPM?

Snetterton was a 102db day, so he could have just been recording me as on the limit (Panigale leniency?) but Cadwell was a 105db day so had no reason to quote me any lower?

I saw a guy on another bike with a race can getting failed at 108db at Cadwell so doubt I was reading that high.

17. Marginally. I think the frame sticker states 5,250rpm (purely from memory, but it is around the same 5,000ish figure). It is most likely they were just recording what the felt they should (a bit pointless) rather than bothering to test it properly. Mine was tested at quite a few at 108dB, and the 959 with 1299 exhaust is always around 103dB. Some of the days the 1299 tested 108dB were 102dB days that a couple of R1 owners were told to change exhausts and retest for, but they let mine out due to the “panigale exemption”!

18. Trying to make head or tail of all of this, can someone give me some advice?!

I'm looking to move to an 1199s / 1299s over winter and I'm a bit concerned about noise levels. I obviously need to buy a bike on standard cans only, but it one louder than the other as standard?
    It looks as though they may be ok on a 98dB drive by at Donington for example, are there any actual problems as long as you can persuade people that it will pass a drive by even if failing the static?

19. Quote from the MSV website - "Ducati Panigale fitted with the 'plain standard exhaust only' will be permitted leniency on the static test. Drive-by limits are still strictly enforced." This applies to Oulton Park, Snetterton, Bedford Autodrome, Brands Hatch" . The best solution is to contact MSV 0843 453 3000 and ask whether standard exhaust pangales stand a good chance of getting black flagged on drive by, they will know from experience how many get pulled etc. I don't think Donnington Park has a static test, only drive by, but when I enquired about Oulton they were very helpful & I never pinged the driveby noise sensor once.

• Like Like x 1
  20. It would be interesting if anyone on here has either themselves or knows anyone with a Panigale on standard cans who’s had any issues and if so at which track(s)?

I’ve certainly been fine with standard cans on my 1299 at Snet, Cad and Rock so far. I’ve also been with friends on an 1199 and a V4 who’ve had no issues.

Last Cad day there was a guy on a 1299 speciale on Akrapovics who was fine which was interesting as my brother has a V4 on Akrapovics which sounds much louder.

I know the standard Panigale’s are loud but standing trackside they’re seem to be nowhere near as loud as some of the inline 4’s with race pipes screaming round.

Do Not Sell My Personal Information