1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Panigale Track Noise Levels Thread

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Monners, Jun 15, 2016.

1. Agreed on this one, its a really odd situation this and the Panigale will definitely trip the drive by noise meters when the inline 4 is fine. I have an 1199 Pani and an S1000RR and the BMW seems much louder on full chat. Despite this the Panigale trips the drive by noise meters at any quiet track whereas the BMW is fine. At Spa a few years back which is a very fast high rev track with very low drive by noise limits like Brands Hatch the Panigale didn't even manage one lap without power sapping baffles without getting blacked flagged whereas the BMW had no problems at all. You dont notice baffles so much on the average UK tracks which are quite small and slow but at Spa my top speed on the main straight was dropping from 185mph to just over 170mph just because of the baffles. The BMW on stock exhaust was reaching well over 185mph with no noise problems.

2. If I ever take the 1299 on track at Knockhill thankfully I’ll never need to worry about this.

I had the race bike at Oulton and that did 101db @ 5500rpm, whole new ball game to me as i’d never done anywhere other than Knockhill.

3. Feel sorry for you lot. No formal noise level restrictions for track days at Barbagello Raceway in Perth. Pick your system of choice and enjoy yourself.:grinning:

• Like Like x 1
  4. Just an update :-

All Panni V4 owners with Akra exhaust, Pipework do some inlet baffles for £50
    I have ordered some so will test and let you know what DB levels i get..

https://pipewerx.co.uk/webshop/acce...fles-pair-silencers-exhaust-60mm-closed-ends/

Also if you read the ACU rules, did you know the nosie testing for bikes with 2 silencers is different to what the tracks actually do....

"In cases where the motorcycle has two separated exhausts the measurement will
    be taken as above from the median point between the two."

So they should take the measurment directly behind the bike, not just from one exhaust ... ?!
    Whether that is better or worse , i'm not sure ..

Also ..
    For tests taken at temperatures below 10°c there will be a + 1 dBA tolerance.

• Useful Useful x 1
  5. Anyone had probs at Snetterton?
    899 with termis, dbs in.

cheers

6. I went upto Brands Hatch today to check how far over I am...... F014 titanium headers with std road Termi cans with the baffles in and packed with Acoustafil. Blew 103-104db at 5k

7. What bike ??

8. Sorry 1199s had the clutch in too

9. Nice ;-)

"std road Termi cans with the baffles" do the std term cans have baffles, mine didnt , but my full Termi system did have ..

"packed with Acoustafil" did you take the terms apart and pack them ?

10. By std I mean not the reparto corse item, like the rest of the system. yes they come with baffles.
    Yep taken apart and repacked, the standard stainless wire and glass had holes in which I believe is pretty common.

#230 ElliotW, Mar 7, 2019
    Last edited: Mar 7, 2019
  11. Nice.. good to know...

12. Ive now got a set of genuine Akra baffles for full Ti system. I'll fit and measure noise level over weekend and compare to pipeworx set I already have. I'll post the results here, weather permitting.

I have a calibrated noise meter.

• Like Like x 1
  13. Goodman ;-)

14. Has anyone modified a set of spare Termi baffles? I.e weld up ends and put slots in, or turn down some smaller inserts. Just to get through the noise the pop the standard ones back in.

15. Yeh i welded some perforated steel tube on mine from ebay same as below - not sure what the level was, as i shortly sold the bike.

upload_2019-3-8_9-25-7.png

16. ^ Them's mine...:cool:

17. Yeps.. ;-)

18. Nice that should do it..... will look out for a set to mod.

19. Got down to 101db @5.5krpm IIRC. I just leave them i now, even for euros. They're feckers to remove once in.

20. Interested in the outcome also!

Do Not Sell My Personal Information