1. This site uses cookies. By continuing to use this site, you are agreeing to our use of cookies. Learn More.

Ducati Panigale Track Noise Levels Thread

Discussion in 'Trackdays & Rider Skills' started by Monners, Jun 15, 2016.

1. First time out at Imola this year my 1199 with full Akra system on my phone is 116db@ 5k but has the SL headers, they didn't complain, however, a month later all change and they tested and the limit now at Imola is 102db@ 5k static, even with db killers in I could only get down to 108db@5000 rpm static. The testing was daft as they were inchs away from the exhaust. Misano next month Im sure they will throw me off!

• Useful Useful x 1
  2. Me too
    Just bought one to do track days on then found out about this issue !!!

3. Evening all, this is my first post at your fine forum. What with the 959 being so quiet and it being the only one with acoustic insulation inside the fairing, I was wondering whether it might be easier to get the louder bikes through the static tests by attaching some acoustic matting with velcro. It would be cheap to try it by buying some automotive acoustic matting and trimming it to fit. If it worked you could fit or remove it in two minutes if your fairing has Dzus fasteners.

Here's the 959 fairing parts diagram. The acoustic insulation is the three white parts, numbers 18, 19 and 20, top middle of the picture.

[​IMG]
    From https://www.bike-parts-ducati.com/d...59_Panigale/959-Panigale/FAIRING/274/49/0/274

I can't find any photos of these parts. For all I know they could be made of solid unobtainium, not cheapo matting. Has anyone ever seen them?

Here's the 1299:

[​IMG]

And the 1199:

[​IMG]

4. I have a 959 and I have swapped the exhaust for a standard 1299 and disabled the valve.
    I don’t think the sound deadening has a great effect on the volume - the 1299 exhaust is substantially louder and that’s the real difference.
    The bike is stripped at the moment but when I get the chance I will do some noise testing with and without the sound deadening but it won’t be for a while.

5. I was just looking at 959s with the 1299 exhaust on ebay - is it a fairly easy job?

Have you looked at your sound deadening? What's it made of?

6. We were looking at Imola this year - do they have just a static test and a ride-by testing as well, as i know the Panni v4 fails most static tests but with baffles will pass 89db ride by ??

Also Most UK trackday companies specify Imola as 105db not 102db ....

#266 Spud312r, Nov 13, 2019
    Last edited: Nov 13, 2019
  7. To be honest fitting the 1299 exhaust was a bit of a b@$t&#d - there’s a fair bit of dismantling required to get the y pipes swapped as there’s very little clearance to work with. However it’s worth it for the looks and the weight saving if you can get one at the right price.

I’ll take a picture of the sound deadening tonight for you - no idea what it’s made of - looks the same as I have seen on the underside of car bonnets.

8. did you had baffles on? I'm doing Brands indy at the end of feb and I don't have any baffles also the force system

9. They did a static, with the microphone direct behind inline with the out of the silencer, with that unless you had a Euro 4 they were failing, even the v4 with a factory exhaust was failing, they were offering this year a no restriction day but at extra cost.

10. Wow i'm glad i didnt book/drive all the way there for that - shocking..
    And even more shocking is that they can allow a no restriction day but higher price.. how he hell does that work with the people that are complaining - they get a cut ??

I always wondered that with Donni noisy day ... how do they get away with that - an agreement with the council... but why does it cost more unles sthat extra money is going into people back pockets

11. Its Italy so yep back pocket!
    It goes like this in Misano and Imola, people are buying up property cheap because yep its next to a track then they are the ones that send in the local inspection to give the track director a hard time

12. Sounds like UK tracks ☹️☹️

13. Someone linked me to this thread as I thought I would pass with standard exhausts on my V4S but it seems either risky or a no-no.
    I was planning on doing Brands, as it’s an hour from my office but it seems I am wrong.....

Looks like it’s Euro trackdays only.

14. I bought a cheap decibel meter off Ebay. I haven’t had much use out of it yet but took it to Cadwell the other day and got pretty much the same result on a mates bike as the MSV tester did so For the price it’s worth knowing how loud your bike is before turning up.

A2AB3534-8CED-42E4-BCC5-35ED6277B865.jpeg

N
    ot sure if this os the exact seller as I bought it last year but plenty of people selling them.

https://rover.ebay.com/rover/0/0/0?mpre=https://www.ebay.co.uk/ulk/itm/202673503900

• Like Like x 1
  15. I've got a standard V4S, so far I've done the following UK days with no issues:

Donington 98db days
    Donington 108db days
    Cadwell 105db days
    Snetterton either 102/105db days
    Oulton 102db days

On several of them have also been V4S's with full akra's and no one has had a problem.

• Like Like x 3
    • Useful Useful x 1
  16. Has anyone had a 959 sound tested with the standard shotgun exhaust set up, but with the akrapovic shotgun?
    *GREAT site by the way guys ;)

F7AF5879-4590-4B23-88E1-D7815C4CA956.png

17. Welcome Dave and why don’t you introduce yourself properly in the newbies section too please :)

18. The stock cans test at 98db and the Akra shotguns are also Euro 4 compliant so they won’t be loud - if you have a 959 Corse the DB rating will be on the sticker on the left hand side of the frame near the headstock.

19. I didn’t even think about this, but thought I’d check having seen that donny normal days are 98db.
    I have a bsb trioptions 959 with akra system. Am I likely to be allowed to run, baffles or not? I do have baffles if needed

20. The 98db of the stock exhaust is the static result - with the decat Akra’s you will be well over that so on a 98db static day - no chance

Some days at Donny are 98db drive by - you have to be pretty loud to trip it so I would think you would be ok one one of those with baffles.

• Like Like x 1
Do Not Sell My Personal Information